withdrawing from xanax

[lo...]

When I was taking Ambien I had crushing depression, constant internal vibrations, severe anxiety and nausea to name a few symptoms, its a terrible drug and while its known as a non-benzodiazepine, it affects the same part of the brain as benzo's do and can cause the same symptoms.  Do you attribute anything you're feeling to the Ambien?

what do you mean  internal vibrations an yes i believe i feel anxiety from it along with depression but it really does give me some sleep that i need if i didnt take it i wouldnt sleep much at all not that i sleep alot anyway

For me internal vibrations felt like I was hooked up to a battery, a continual humming vibration that I couldn't see outwardly but was with me constantly.  I couldn't sit still or relax, it was miserable and caused by the Ambien along with the other symptoms I mentioned.  I'm telling you about my experience because I think Ambien may be contributing to your misery. 

You may need to consider tapering from that as well, it affects the same receptors in the brain that benzo's do.

i agree i need to also taper the ambien as soon as i get pass this xanax taper which i hope will be soon i foget what its like to not take anything for anxiety or sleep

• 2 weeks later...
so far i been on .12 of xanax for about 5 weeks now not sure if i should hold out on this dose for awhile longer or start to tapper

How are you feeling, are you able to take care of your daily tasks?  This is typically when members say its time to reduce again. Being stable doesn't mean feeling great, that happens after we're drug free and recovered from our use.

• 1 month later...
hello so its been a month since i last posted an i am still on .12 of xanax just havnt been wanting to stop taking or taper off  of it at this point maybe just afraid of doing without  i think i may be able to just stop taking it an be over it an just take for when i really need it for my anxiety i was away an didnt bring enough meds with me an went a day without any kind of meds an felt ok when i say meds that means for my heart an other  along with xanax an sleeping meds

It looks like you've been fairly stable on the .12 mgs, am I understanding you correctly, are you thinking about jumping off the Xanax at this dose or are you thinking you may be okay once you taper off of it?

I do want to say that its likely you still had some of the drugs in your system to help you get by if you were only out of them for 1 day.

yes i have been stable on .12 of xanax sounds like you still believe i need to tapper off  maybe  every other day for a month or two

I never advise skipping days, especially with Xanax, the half life is so short I believe you'd be miserable every other day.  If you're thinking you can stay at .12 indefinitely then you can certainly try that, of course tolerance may kick in but at least you'll know if its possible or not.

to be honest i am not sure but i been cutting .05 pill  in half an then cutting that pill  in half to get to .12 i guess i can try cutting that pill in half i mean when i am done doing that there wont be much of a pill to even take

• 2 weeks later...
if i was to stop at this point what would be my side affects i am at .12 everynight  i think i keep taking it at night thinking it is just helping me fall to sleep better

• 1 month later...
hello i am still on 0.12 of xanax been on for a t least 4 months now i feel stuck on this dose some days i think i need to up my dose i get so much  anxiety i cant function  i feel lost still this really sucks

It may be time to reduce again, I’ve read members say they feel better once they do.  If staying at this dose isn’t helping, you might want to give it a try.