Substituing Klonopin with Librium?

[mi...]

Hi, from Mishi, I tried to find where I could post a new thread on your website since I could not find it, I am posting it here.  The new topic is: getting off Klonopin by substitution.  I spoke to someone and read their website.  They take off people from a high dose of klonopin by substituting librium including other formulas with the librium.  Has had anyone heard of this, tapering so fast with success.

Edit: Changed title of thread after moving to the substitution board.

Hi mishi,

I split off the post you made and moved it to the substitution board.  I've never heard of anyone using Librium instead of Klonopin, why not just cross over to Valium? 

Are you going to ask the other site to make a plan to do this for you?

Hello Mishi,

I wanted to let you know I was on 5mg of Klonopin for 5 years and have been doing a direct taper from Klonopin. I have been dry cutting my entire taper. We are here for you.

Summer

• 4 weeks later...

Hi mishi,

I split off the post you made and moved it to the substitution board.  I've never heard of anyone using Librium instead of Klonopin, why not just cross over to Valium? 

Are you going to ask the other site to make a plan to do this for you?

Pamster,

My addiction P-doc originally recommended using Librium but agreed to using diazepam. Librium has about the same half-life of diazepam and seems to have less recreational potential.... so as an addiction doctor it's his first choice. But since I wasn't abusing klonopin, he thought diazepam would be a good choice for me.

I'l also like to add one other thing about Librium. If one refers to the Ashton Manual, Librium is the only benzo for which she does not recommend a c/o to diazepam. I am assuming it is because the two benzos are so similar. She recommends a straight taper for Librium. So yes some people do use Librium. I, personally, would recommend diazepam becuase it is available in 2mg tablets which makes smaller cuts in the end easier.

[d8...]

Hey there,

I have to agree with everyone else.. I would say Valium.. instead of Librium.

Valium will cover Interdose, it is longer lasting, but it has its side effects, nothing like klonopin, but I've cut a big % using Valium, the system works pretty well. Ashton pretty much knows what she is talking about. Thank God for her.. or I would never had known Klonopin and Valium were related.

Best to you, Keryn.