zopiclone to prazepam ... add back a little zopiclone??

[fl...]

edit: adding zopiclone back into the mix didnt seem to work.instead i had to up the prazepam dose from 15 to 20mg instead.

I did a quick taper from ~15mg to 0mg zopiclone

two weeks ago,  and substituted with 20mg prazepam

i dont have withdrawal symptoms except really bad insomnia.

is it normal or are my "gaba receptors"  getting fried ?

should i add 0.9 to 1.75mg zopiclone at night to help sleep,

and then taper that zopiclone back to 0 over a few weeks/months.... while staying on prazepam (reduced dose if possible)?

must say i get bad interdose withdrawals with the prazepzam if i dont take it in time,

much worse than when i was still taking zopiclone. (starts with braintension,  spasm, electric shocks and palpitations... in that order) and the killer insomnia is annoying too.

i know official ashton method recommends a full  diazepam switch from 15 to 0mg zopiclone in only 2 weeks,  but I'm not sure if that's the best thing for the benzo receptors not 100% covered by prazepam(only a partional benzo agonist after all)

*edit 24/8*   

I think I will experiment with 1mg of zopiclone a little bit,

and try to lower the prazepam dosage

i didn't want to switch to diazepam out of fear of creating a bigger stronger dependency, but at the same time i want to not have these crazy interdose withdrawal symptoms during the day.

so maybe prazepam+zopiclone taper is not a bad idea.

i don't think ashton manual talks about this.

ashton is all about switching to diazepam or librium,

but i've seen people say they regretted switching from a z-drug to diazepam.

*19/9/2022*

finally feeling stable

tried cutting out the 1mg several times but that didnt work.

at least my sleep has become good again and i will slowly look zt tapering the prazepam as of now.

I don't have any experience with clorazepate and haven't read any posts about it either but I guess my question is, if you're stable on this dose then isn't it time to taper from it?  If you're tapering, you can expect to have symptoms.  I don't see the reason for going back on the Zopiclone at this point but perhaps I'm not understanding your situation.

Thanks for explaining your situation, it looks like you've been paying attention to your symptoms and dosages which is all we can do so it looks like you're on the right track.  I guess I'll be learning from you.  ;)