2 mg Ativan or 30mg temazepam which would be easier to taper from

[VE...]

Have to make a choice to either stay on my temazepam and taper from it or cross over to 2 mg Ativan and eventually taper from it. Need real life experience from people who have done both and opinions about which would be the smarter route. Thanks

Temazapam taper via a water suspension is by far the best way if your substitution of 2 mg of Ativan is correct.  Ativan is 4 times more potent than temazapam. You would need guidance on breakthru wd symptoms. Look at my signature. I would have been off this terrible drug five years ago if I had tapered temazepam. If there is any possible way you can get away with it do it. The members that tapered directly from temazapam have left this forum within one year of the beginning of their taper and many time shorter than that. It is by far the most successful outcome you could wish for.

Thank you for that one question though should I use whole milk? I emptied a temezapam capsule out onto water and it all floated in the surface and would not mix.

When I crossed over from temazapam to valium I used a water suspension. This does not dissolve like a solution. You would have to shake the container before you draw out your syringe. Because temazepam is the lowest potency benzo this appears to work for many people. Temazapam tapereres disappear from this forum once they have their taper plan down. I know of no other benzo in which this is the case.

I know of no other option in the form of a liquid titration. Some people have weighed the powder in their tapering. I’m not sure how to do that technique. You will probably get more feedback from members who have not directly tapered from temazapam. Keep in mind, temazepam is the lowest potency benzo And really cannot be compared to even Valium, which is twice the potency of temazapam. Please search for any tapering advice Only from temazapam buddies.

I just remembered that some buddies have tapered temazapam in a milk solution. You will have to research this as I do not know how this works. This would give you a more dissolvable solution rather than a suspension.

I did not taper from temazepam but am surprised to read the postings about how is so much the lesser of these benzos.  I was on Temazepam for only 21 days at 15mg with the last few days of the total 21 days at 7.5 mg.  I am still in recovery at month 14 since CT.  I did not have any history of benzos prior to this short- term usage of Temazepam.

I’m referring to the people that did a slow micro taper.  Although temazapam is the lowest potency benzo, it is short acting so withdrawal from a ct or quick taper will probably be brutal.

Thanks to everyone. Been on the Ativan 1.5 for 3 days overall interdose  has been better than temazepam but still leaves alot to be desired.