Announcement: It is with regret... ×

Horrible wave of depression

[Ma...]

Hi everyone,

This is the first time I am posting something here and it is not a good sign.

Since the beginning of my Ativan taper last year, depression is by far my worst symptom.

But until now, It was always small waves of dark depression that were lasting maybe 1 or 2 days max, and I would have some decent days in between to catch my breath. And after few weeks, it was over and I was back in a window.

Now, since the beginning of my actual wave 3 weeks ago, the decent days have been fewer and fewer, and now I am almost in a constant state of very bad depression and Anhedonia. I don’t understand why because I am holding my dose since last april and I have been in a wonderful window for all June.

Can I hope that it’s gonna get better eventually as I am feeling very hopeless.

Thank you for your help.

Marie

I'm sorry to hear you're enveloped in darkness right now, I know how scary it is to feel like this, its almost hard to breathe for the weight we feel. 

May I ask, except for your depression, what are your other symptoms, are you stable, functional, are you taking care of your daily tasks?  Just wondering if its time to reduce again to break into this worsening cycle.

Marie….I was in a severe depression and decided to taper and have cut out my caffeine to 2 a day and I started feeling better.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your answers.

I am feeling ok now. This was an awful wave that last longer than usual.

But as it happens often in this madness, I woke up one day and I was feeling fine.

Marie

I had a similar situation. Would you like to try to make spiritual practices? Maybe for someone it will sound ridiculous, but it helps me to live and believe in something better. I hope you will soon set up and you will be happy.

• 1 month later...

In my case depression always follows a certain pattern.

It hits after a period of increased stress or anxiety after spme dose cuts.

What helps me is introduce methylated b complex, vit d, b12 and tyrosine.

But be carefull, it throws me into hyper if taken to much.

And offcourse everyone is different,

• 2 weeks later...

Pamster - do you believe that this works?

Can you break into it?

I'm sorry to hear you're enveloped in darkness right now, I know how scary it is to feel like this, its almost hard to breathe for the weight we feel. 

May I ask, except for your depression, what are your other symptoms, are you stable, functional, are you taking care of your daily tasks?  Just wondering if its time to reduce again to break into this worsening cycle.

Can you break into it?

Marie79 indicated at the time of this post that she hadn't reduced her dose since April.  I've heard from other members that they've felt some relief from symptoms as they've tapered lower so I was hoping that might be true in her case. 

Thank you Pamster. I am so stuck. I have not decreased since august.

I am in a terrible wave - not sure if it was stress or whether I have bow reached relative withdrawal.

This is my 5th big dip this year.

Any advice?

Thank you

Can you break into it?

Marie79 indicated at the time of this post that she hadn't reduced her dose since April.  I've heard from other members that they've felt some relief from symptoms as they've tapered lower so I was hoping that might be true in her case.