Alcohol!!!!

[...]

Is it right or wrong to drink alcohol when you are in withdrawal? I've been out for 15 months and started drinking in month 13. In total times I drank 6 Saturdays until I got drunk. What it causes me is a lot of tinnitus (a symptom I don't have, only when I drink) and some insomnia for a few days (although I don't know if it's waves or not)

When you have alcohol withdrawal, you can take benzodiazepines. But if you're on benzodiazepine withdrawal and drinking alcohol, that's up for debate.

Can you tell me your experiences?

I waited for a year after my taper to start drinking. First a tiny glass of wine, then more. I had absolutely no ill effects. I'm sorry you're having some.

Best to you.

Katz

I gave up alcohol when I began my taper because my thinking cleared up enough to realize I had a drinking problem along with a benzo problem.  I've been sober for over two years and in general don't miss either alcohol or benzos.

Whenever I tried to drink a little wine when I was tapering it made me feel totally awful.  Even just a tiny sip produced an instant histamine reaction: eg. Facial flushing, headache, anxiety, etc.

I’ve been off Xanax for 3 months now and enjoy a single measured glass of wine 2-3 times a week.  I have to drink it with a meal no later than about 5 - otherwise I don’t feel well at bedtime.  I wouldn’t be able to drink any more than that without feeling sick.  But then, I wasn’t much of a drinker before benzos.  Actually I didn’t drink at all before.