Raising low blood pressure

[Sy...]

Anyone have any suggestions on how to raise low blood pressure? I often get readings like 98/59. The lower number is in the 50’s a lot of the time. I’m going to start adding salt to my meals since I’ve been avoiding doing that for years to see if that helps. I do get symptoms sometimes of faintness(have not fainted) and some dizziness. I’ll see a cardiologist again if I don’t see any improvement. Thanks  :smitten:

I experience the same.  My blood pressure goes down to 70’s over 40’s.  Usually from 8:30 am to 11:30 am.  I have a low resting heart beat as well.  Had this same condition pre-benzo.  Heart checked out Ok.  I am 68 yo and pretty active.  During the really low blood pressure periods, I feel tired and if I get up too fast, I black out a bit and get dizzy.  Doctors don’t seem to be worried about it but I am pretty sure not benzo related. I have now increased my water intake to see if this helps.

Thank you for the reply. That reading sounds pretty scary. I get nervous if mine dips down and I need to drive somewhere. Maybe I should keep coconut water in my vehicle since it has electrolytes and have potato chips as well for the salt. Do you do anything to raise it when it dips that low or have to wait until it adjusts?

This has been my  worst longest lasting symptom and its hard to get itback to normal  .. Ive done so much salt and liquid that I finally gave myself kidney stones 2 weeks ago..I have to stop the salt now and honestly it was hit or miss..Ive been dealing with this almost 4 years since last dose of benzo

This is a known symptom too but not talked about much. Mine has been 80/50 AGAIN...it was that the entire first year off.

I'm lucky when Im 100/70.. I feel awful too.. I've fainted a few times and gets worse in heat and you feel really bad. My ex husband who is a nurse has helped care for me this whole time and this has been one if his biggest headaches with me.

Recently a new Dr I started seeing told me to just back off on the salt/excess fluids ( Im 59 now and very active -run 5 miles daily)) and just drink when im thirsty as this is obviously a drug injury and not an organic happening ..Its part of dysautonomia where this stuff had injured our CNS.

As well as increasing your salt intake, licorice root capsules can also raise blood pressure and will also support adrenal function.

Hope that help

ceejay

• 2 weeks later...
my blood pressure is low also, scares me, 15 months off now, also still having constant air hunger, last BP check today , 97 over 59....  I'm male 55 years old,  165 pounds for 5 foot 11 , also on a Beta Blocker since January 2019 for tachy,  I'm wondering if it's lowering my BP?  it's called Bisoprolol  ( I wrote a recent post here about it)

my blood pressure is low also, scares me, 15 months off now, also still having constant air hunger, last BP check today , 97 over 59....  I'm male 55 years old,  165 pounds for 5 foot 11 , also on a Beta Blocker since January 2019 for tachy,  I'm wondering if it's lowering my BP?  it's called Bisoprolol  ( I wrote a recent post here about it)

Beta blockers do cause the heart to beat more slowly and with less force, which lowers blood pressure. You are in a catch 22 situation IMO. The BB is controlling the tachy. If you go off them, BP should rise, but the tachycardia will probably return.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to raise low blood pressure? I often get readings like 98/59. The lower number is in the 50’s a lot of the time. I’m going to start adding salt to my meals since I’ve been avoiding doing that for years to see if that helps. I do get symptoms sometimes of faintness(have not fainted) and some dizziness. I’ll see a cardiologist again if I don’t see any improvement. Thanks  :smitten:

There is no better way to raise blood pressure than caffeine. It can be consumed in the form of coffee, but there are also guarana capsules, which stimulate the CNS.

The healthier option than coffee is tea, especially green tea. Someone mentioned licorice and increasing salt intake, which are good ideas.

I think mild exercise can also raise blood pressure.

The first thing though is to consult a physician, cause the dose of beta blockers could be too high. People with ADHD benefit from stimulant meds which raise blood pressure. Unless they have a high blood pressure. I think malnourishment causes blood pressure and HR to drop. And certainly too high dose of beta blockers, they are very strong meds.