Panicking 5 months out with no pills

[Do...]

I had insomnia last night.  I took some sertraline an anxiety pill but it made me sick.  I am panicking and exhuasted.  I took a over the counter sleep aide, but it isn't working.  I just want to go to sleep and the fear to go away.  I am thinking about going to the hospital for benzos.  Is there any tips.

I have been awake since 5 and terrified.  I am worried I can't work and about my back.  I sent my sister a text that I was panicking, but she usually gets upset when I tell her that.  The o my think that will stop the panic is to take a benzo.  I might go to the hospital for my anxiety if it doesn't get better.

The panic went away as I felt asleep at 6am.  I am still afraid I will panick again especially when I go home.  The benzo panic never seemes to leave.

It sounds like you made it through without going to the hospital, I hope you can stay strong and not use them again.  Are you still drinking wine?

Yes, I made it without going to the hospital.  A lot of times I try to go to sleep if I am having a panic attack

.  No I haven't drank wine since April.  I was tempted to get some wine today and was trying to think of ways I could get pills, but they are impossible to get as doctors won't prescribe them here.  I haven't drank at my brother's as I have him to help me if I panick.  I drank when I was at home.

Try this:

Next time you have a panic attack, put an ice cold pack on your face, OR fill a sink with ice and cold water and put your face in it.

...“Research in physiology suggests that the human heart rate slows down 10 to 25 percent when our face comes into contact with ice cold water,” says Dr. Forshee. “This is affective during a panic attack because when we are experiencing panic our body physiologically becomes aroused (increased heart rate is one of the symptoms of physiological arousal).”

I used a soft ice pack and molded it to my face, left in on as long as I could take, while focusing on deep breathing.

Bmc and pamster

Thanks I will put some ice in the freezer at my brother's and at home.  I have an eye mask that freezes on the freezer.

I will try that next time.

Dom81

It needs to cover whole face, not just eyes. If you dont have one of those squishy ice packs you can fill, then try the sink method. This worked for me. In my taper, at times I was so agitated I would think about updosing. I started doing this, and my taper went as planned; eventually the panic attacks ended and I only dealt with low grade anxiety. (still do but its totally manageable)

Good Luck with your taper. You can do this. Understand that even though this is a chemical problem, overcoming it is a mental game. Don't say to yourself you can't get better. ever. you can!

Bmc thanks I will try that next time.  I feel really stressed out now about getting a job and my brother. 

I feel panicky.  I have a bad cold and my brother's girlfriend told me to stay upstairs and not use the kitchen.  She is worried I'll spread the cold touching things.  I have to either stay in a tiny room upstairs or go out.  It is 90 degrees.  Tomorrow is my brother's birthday party and I can't go because of my cold.  It is all  making me panicky. I just want to go to my apartment two hours away, but there is no bus until Monday at 620am so she will leave me alone.  I just want this cold to be over and the infection to be over. 

I know its rough to feel like this when you're sick but you're doing good, you're benzo free and I'm proud of you for getting and staying that way!  :thumbsup: