Stopping smoking

[Ha...]

Time to stop smoking! I think it may be slowing my healing, blood circulation is an important part in it as we all know. It wasn't going to happen until now, things were too rough. But I think it's time.

I've just spent a load of money on vaping products, and it's ok actually. But it's still not exactly healthy, and some research shows it effects the vascular system too.

I've been smoking far too long, 34 years I think. Always say I'll stop soon, well soon is now here!

Compared to BWD it should be a breeze to just stop, and I'm probably over thinking it as I tend to do. I was just wondering what other people have done, I read "the easy way" years ago and just carried on.

It was then east way for me, but I had to purchase the audios book and brainwash myself with it plying it several times a day all day long.  The book was more like an additional manual...also, I would sit a read the pages while the narrator was speaking. 

I can't believe it but it did work and I found it to be the good, ugly truth about smoking.

I quit 19 days ago. I didn't see improvement, anxiety just worse, I hope it will be better and that I didn't stop for no reason.

Does it really affect healing?

Do what you feel is best for you, take it easy.

It was then east way for me, but I had to purchase the audios book and brainwash myself with it plying it several times a day all day long.  The book was more like an additional manual...also, I would sit a read the pages while the narrator was speaking. 

I can't believe it but it did work and I found it to be the good, ugly truth about smoking.

I've got the audiobook actually, I may try that approach and just put it on repeat  :D

I quit 19 days ago. I didn't see improvement, anxiety just worse, I hope it will be better and that I didn't stop for no reason.

Does it really affect healing?

Do what you feel is best for you, take it easy.

I don't know specifically for Benzo healing, but it effects the bodies ability to heal in general. Poor circulation for a start would slow things down as your brain/CNS isn't getting as much blood, oxygen and nutrients as it would normally. I think it makes sense to stop, although when I have tried in the past I did suffer a little for it.

Hopefully you'll settle down soon

All the best to you having a mare.  I've heard several people say they quit smoking using Allen Carr's Easy Way book.  Listening to his book about alcohol helped me quit drinking.

All the best to you having a mare.  I've heard several people say they quit smoking using Allen Carr's Easy Way book.  Listening to his book about alcohol helped me quit drinking.

Thanks Kate

How is it going?

Well I've still got a few packets of Duty Free as I flew last week, so not that well lol. Been listening to the easy way again, once these last 4 packets have gone I'll stop.

Should I get back to cigaretes, nothing seems to change.

Maybe it won't?

Having a mare, how much have you been smoking?

Should I get back to cigaretes, nothing seems to change.

Maybe it won't?

Having a mare, how much have you been smoking?

It's better for your health in general, and your pocket 😁

I'm a pack a day smoker, have smoked a bit more on bad days which I'm having today so haven't stopped

it's not easy to stop, even more if you are plagued with symptoms and anxiety and everything else,  terrible stuff for your health, im a pack a day smoker also.. im reading what is good for your lungs, iodine(lugol) cycles , not continuously due to how it may affect your thyroid .. sodium bicarbonate.. collostrum and thymus(thymosin)

Sadly we can't rely and play around with supplements that are of help,...  like tau , I think that it affects gaba receptors, from what I saw ... it is great to aid for you to stop smoking, but you risk a setback...

I only smoke about 5 cigs a day and only smoke in my backroom when I'm sitting in my chair and don't smoke a whole cig. at one time.  Just a few puffs at a time and then leave the cig. in a holder.  I buy RYO loose tobacco and rollers and then roll them myself with a rolling machine.  It's alot cheaper, and I believe the RYO loose tobacco has fewer chemicals in it than the store bought packs of cigs.

it's not easy to stop, even more if you are plagued with symptoms and anxiety and everything else,  terrible stuff for your health, im a pack a day smoker also.. im reading what is good for your lungs, iodine(lugol) cycles , not continuously due to how it may affect your thyroid .. sodium bicarbonate.. collostrum and thymus(thymosin)

Sadly we can't rely and play around with supplements that are of help,...  like tau , I think that it affects gaba receptors, from what I saw ... it is great to aid for you to stop smoking, but you risk a setback...

I was just a little more than pack a day smoker, or pack a day but on bad days a bit more.

It is hard, yes especially who has anxiety and depression and this wd.

I only smoke about 5 cigs a day and only smoke in my backroom when I'm sitting in my chair and don't smoke a whole cig. at one time.  Just a few puffs at a time and then leave the cig. in a holder.  I buy RYO loose tobacco and rollers and then roll them myself with a rolling machine.  It's alot cheaper, and I believe the RYO loose tobacco has fewer chemicals in it than the store bought packs of cigs.

That is not too much, that's good. It's better for you and your health.

I'm having problems with these cravings and I don't know if my anxiety improved and aynthing at all. So I'm having my urges to go smoke again.

Obviously it's better to not expect anything.

Do you puff for real or?

I inhale the tobacco.  I never had trouble quitting smoking.  Maybe just try to cut down rather than quitting CT?

You smoke, inhale but smoke?

I'm more of disappointed how it didn't help me with symptoms. Now it has been over a month, nothing.

Maybe I also have problem with quitting, I don't know I have these cravings and when I see I didn't get any good with stopping I think of smoking again, why not when it didn't help me or I don't see positives.

I meant you don't inhale it for good, for real just a little inhale or puff.

This therapist said to me that people with these kind of problems, not these with drugs but with anxiety and depression tend to feel better after 2 months but this is not regular anxiety, right?

I know it isn't its all mixed together and I hate, it makes me want to smoke again.

Well obviously it's up to  you, but if you haven't smoked in a month or so, why start again? You could possibly heal a bit quicker, generally speaking, smoking isn't goo for healing. Don't know about benzo WD obviously.

But if you want to smoke, and think it will help in some way, smoke i suppose. I definitely couldn't have stopped until recently, even now, I have a few good days and don't. But as soon as the anxiety kicks in, I'm off to the shop.

I'll keep trying though. Some days it's easy, I just think of the craving as an intrusive thought. i've had plenty of practice with them :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I'd never start again if you already managed to quit. I tried to quit smoking for many years. I tried everything, from nicotine gums from Canadian pharmacy to scary videos. Nothing worked for me until I finally understood that it's a mental issue and it's totally up to me to stop the addiction.

• 2 months later...

I smoke myself. Been off klonopin 10 years.

I wouldn't be so fast to say nicotine wd is easy peasy: I tried once and got to day 2 with brain zaps and excessive sleeping and just feeling unfocused.

It's not as easy for some as others, just like anything else. Nicotine is a chemical addiction.

You could try nicotine gum, as you can buy it from Amazon very cheap.

Smoking isn't easy for me to stop.

I didn't smoke much during wd that I can recall. I did afterwards, unfortunately. 

Best of luck to you.