Globus/lump in throat

[Sy...]

Hello. For about 1 month I have a lump in throat sensation or globus. It started with a really bad earache in left ear and pain all across throat. Saw doctor and could barely make the appointment because the lump was making me gag. That same night I had a fever of 100 and it felt like a hard mucus was stuck in my throat so I did some really hard hacking to try to bring it up plus purposely made myself vomit to try to flush it out. I was desperate. Nothing worked. I’m concerned that I may have damaged my throat due to the hard hacking because now I have the lump and my throat makes a clicking or squeaking sound when I swallow and sometimes it feels like I’m swallowing small pebbles. ENT put scope down my throat and didn’t see anything and thinks acid reflux. I’m cutting out some acidic foods in my diet. It feels like there is excess mucus in my throat because when I try to clear throat the squeaking goes away temporarily. Has anyone experienced this lump sensation? My chiropractor thinks I may be having tightness in neck are so I’m doing stretches as well. I hope I can get rid of this soon.

Do you agree with the endo and chiropractor or do you think its a symptom of tolerance? 

Have you started your taper?

Symptom of tolerance? I believe my ENT and chiropractor so I’m cutting out acidic foods where I can and doing the neck stretches. I hope I get some answers as to what is causing the squeaking so it can be addressed. I haven’t started the taper. Sometimes I take Klonopin to help calm down my anxiety over these symptoms so I can sleep.

• 3 months later...

I had this. Turned out it was a cyst on throat.

Gone now.

I still get throat probs when have MCAS reactions and also have neck degeneration that is causing choking.