Crossing over to diazepam from ativan

[Ct...]

Hello I could use some help.

How do I link this to Colin?

I’m worn out.

No help from top medical facility.

I’m on .5 mg SL Ativan 3 X day currently.

I feel like I’m in tolerance/ withdrawal. I do not know if you need to updose to get stabilized before crossing over to diazepam.

How do you do a step by step crossover to diazepam when already taking Ativan 3 X day and feeling lousy?

Are Ashton manual equivalencies of 1 mg = 10 mg too high?

What should I expect during the crossover and do you actually get to a place of more comfort and less symptoms once the crossover is completed.

I’m curious to know:

Has anyone made a solution out of SUBLINGUAL Ativan pills and tapered directly off of SL ativan versus crossing over to diazepam?

Thankyou for helping me.

Colin isn't involved in the day to day operation of the site, it's up to our members to help guide others through this process since the forum is based on peer support.  I can help you with what I know but since I didn't taper, my personal experience is limited.

Are you able to take care of your daily tasks, this is our definition of stable and if you're stable then you should be okay to being your crossover.

Ashtons equivalencies are a bit high, this calculator gives a range that may fit your needs better. https://clincalc.com/Benzodiazepine/

Crossing to another drug can be challenging for some, Valium is known for causing sedation and depression but I'm told that once your body adjusts to it, these symptoms leave.  I don't know if you can use the word comfort when describing tapering from Valium but it does give you a smoother taper because the inter-dose is lessened.

I'm struggling to remember if members have used sublingual pills for titration but the manufacturer does make a liquid version of Ativan which would eliminate a lot of hassle for you. https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov