N/m

[e2...]

Did anyone else have bad reactions to Valium? I guess I’m just wondering if it’s just me. I only took it at night for 4 days. 10 mgs of Valium and the 0.5 mgs of Xanax.

Nope. I crossed over from another short-acting drug -- Ativan -- to Valium, following Ashton's c/o schedule. It was a great relief to me to get some valium on board as the interdose w/ds from Ativan were killing me.

I haven't heard of those particular reactions  to valium. Odd that they occurred so soon. But everyone's different. It's good you have  a supportive psych who will supervise a slow xanax taper.

Best to you,

Katz

I'm sorry the diazepam crossover isn't working as you had hoped machka - some members do okay with it and some seem not to.  I hope you and your doc work together to find something more comfortable for you.

matcha, I'm sorry if I sounded condescending. That certainly wasn't my intent. I was just puzzled. None of my buddies reported s/x like yours, so I was surprised. Of course your reactions are "valid" . . . they're what you felt. Valium sedated me, and it took a while for me to feel those effects. Clearly it didn't do the same for you. I'm sorry.

Hope you feel better.

Katz

Did anyone else have bad reactions to Valium? I guess I’m just wondering if it’s just me. I only took it at night for 4 days. 10 mgs of Valium and the 0.5 mgs of Xanax.

Hi Machka, sorry to hear about your reaction to the Valium. My crossover went ok but did feel very sedated like Okatz mentioned. When I finished the crossover the sedation wore off and I stabilized I did have sxs from switching from the Ativan during that period. But once crossed after 3 weeks I stabilized. I’ve read a out other bbs not taking well to Valium but also I’ve read that the conversion tables can vary and that the accuracy can vary from person to person. Valium also takes time to build up also. I wonder if your reaction could possibly be due to the updose 2 weeks ago and then the reduction during the crossover. It’s a shame it didn’t work since Valium with its long half life has been a lot smoother to taper than fast acting Ativan or Xanax. I hope things get better for you with your Xanax taper,

Joeb