For Benzo dependent ladies: Question about W/D from progesterone

[jo...]

Hello I put my questions in bold for clarity. They might not look like questions but I would like answers to the bold bits, please.

This post is about the time it takes to feel the withdrawals from progesterone in benzo  dependent women, be they, women who have come off benzos or women who are still tapering.

I might be paranoid but think I read here that it took a woman 10 whole days to feel the withdrawal from transdermal progesterone cream.

Is this true?

We don't have cream in the UK, however I do use one of my oral Prometrium (utrogestan in the uk) capsules vaguinally, and doctors are ok with that.

I hear that the bioavailability of vaginal Prometrium is higher than oral progesterone.

This has got me paranoid that if I change from vaginal to oral, not only will I feel withdrawals, but it will take me 10 days to feel them.

If so, why does oral make me sleepy when vaginal doesn't?

I've read a lot of horror stories on here about progesterone, but I have not been able to get any information that would help me.

Many thanks

• 10 months later...

I forgot to take my progesterone a few days ago a few times, I am still tapering, and I want to know if I am going to be ok.

Please could someone tell me how long it takes to feel withdrawal symptoms from progesterone?

Thanks

There is not enough information on here, although I initially got informed here. There is a Facebook group if you just do a search.

I would like to join the Facebook group as well since I am having some issues with bioidentical progesterone but am curious if all of my Facebook friends will see I am in that group as I don’t like everyone on my Facebook group of friends knowing my business if that makes sense? 

I would like to join the Facebook group as well since I am having some issues with bioidentical progesterone but am curious if all of my Facebook friends will see I am in that group as I don’t like everyone on my Facebook group of friends knowing my business if that makes sense?

Tip of the hat for being aware of the risks associated with sharing personal, health-related information on Facebook (even in so-called ‘Private’ groups).  According to the article linked below (which may or may not be correct … I have not verified it), it would be relatively easy for your Facebook Friends to  discover you are a member of the aforementioned Facebook group.  The group setting is currently ‘Private’ (however, be forewarned that the group administrators can change this to ‘Public’ at any time) so your Friends would be unable to view your posts unless they (a) are already a member themselves or (b) join the group.

Link:

How to know the Group someone is on Facebook

https://insidetheweb.com/how-to-see-what-groups-someone-is-in-on-facebook/

Hello

I understand.

It's a private group.

It does make sense.

Here is the link https://www.facebook.com/groups/765984207587995

Hi Journey, how are you feeling now? Did skipping those progesterone doses make WD worse for you?

I'm not sure to be honest.

I don't know how many days it takes for progesterone missed doses to be noticed.

I did feel really depressed last weekend and this, but it could be anything, as I take kratom, supplements and have ongoing stressors.

I've done a bit of research on this topic, and it appears that progesterone is differently eliminated from the body, depending on the route of  administration:

Elimination half-life, • Oral: 5–10 hours (with food) • Sublingual: 6–7 hours • Vaginal: 14–50 hours • Transdermal: 30–40 hours • IM : 20–28 hours •

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharmacokinetics_of_progesterone

So, while indeed it may take some days for certain people to notice the wd effects from progesterone, 10 days seems a bit excessive.  By now, these 10 days are behind you, and I doubt you would feel anything anymore from those missed doses.

I hope this will put your mind at ease regarding those scare stories you read and wish you continuous improvement. Our journeys are already difficult enough, we don't need additional worries.  :hug:

I've done a bit of research on this topic, and it appears that progesterone is differently eliminated from the body, depending on the route of  administration:

Elimination half-life, • Oral: 5–10 hours (with food) • Sublingual: 6–7 hours • Vaginal: 14–50 hours • Transdermal: 30–40 hours • IM : 20–28 hours •

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharmacokinetics_of_progesterone

So, while indeed it may take some days for certain people to notice the wd effects from progesterone, 10 days seems a bit excessive.  By now, these 10 days are behind you, and I doubt you would feel anything anymore from those missed doses.

I hope this will put your mind at ease regarding those scare stories you read and wish you continuous improvement. Our journeys are already difficult enough, we don't need additional worries.  :hug:

Thanks for sharing.

Silly me ate chocolate 35 minutes after taking micronised progesterone last night.

You are supposed to wait at least an hour to eat, after taking micronised progesterone.

I normally put a reminder for an hour's time on my phone when I take micronised progesterone but I didn't last night.

Food makes micronised progesterone more bioavailable, and I used to worry about increasing my tolerance to GABAergic substance, but it's too much hassle, and I am past worrying.

Part of me feels like coming off HRT altogether and just concentrating on the valium taper, but I have been scared half to death by this progesterone thing.

I used to get stressed with dosing, eating, missed doses, extra doses.

You could always make a fake facebook profile independent of your actual one to protect your privacy.