60 MINUTES 1/2/11 - MUST SEE! SHOCKING BUT NOT SURPRISING

[gi...]

I saw that segment. Outrageous!  They were fined over $100 million but they probably made that up in the wrong strength/plain wrong drugs made in that plant.  They sure were stupid to fire the messenger; she turned whistleblower and made millions!  :laugh:

Hi Ginger,

I watched this last night and was shocked!!

Very scary and sad that this kind of thing can happen and does!!

Thanks for sharing

Not only do we need to do thorough research on any medication we are prescribed, but now we have to examine the pills to make sure they are the right ones!  Sad indeed.

• 1 month later...

Wait.  Are you telling me there is a corrupt pharmaceutical company on the loose?! 

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I just don't believe it.  Crazy conspiracy theories!  <- sarcasm. 

• 2 weeks later...
It's impossible not to get emotional about this, Keryn! I'd be concerned if you weren't.  It's sad, it's just so, so sad! And infuriating, and devastating, and....

• 2 months later...
Surprising that the pill mix up included the OTC medication Tagamet.  I found it equally, if not more disturbing that in this video they talked about an 8 year old boy being on Paxil.  8 YEARS OLD.  A child's brain is still developing at 8 years of age.

• 4 weeks later...
I think all of us show go to 60 minutes about our experiences with benzo withdrawal and psychiatrists that tell us that it can't happen!!    In fact, I might look into this! 

Hi BB

I recently told my internist that I was planning on tapering off Klonapin because benzos are very addictive.  He basically said "They can be."  I was so out of it, I didn't respond.  Now I wish I would have told him "with all due respect, BENZOS ARE ADDICTIVE!"

Hi NYClady,

Yes, a typically answer from a doctor...."they can be"....knowing they are and wonder why we get those answers?  I guess they get kickbacks from the drug companies?  The doctor - (advance practice nurse) - who originally prescribed xanax and welbrutin for me increased the amount he gave me every time I asked him.

Good luck on your taper and I know we will all get there.

Gail    "This too shall pass"