Checking in/COVID

[de...]

Hey Benzo Buddies:  Hope everyone is having a decent day today.  It is rainy and cold (that is all relative) here in the Deep South.  I will be 22 months out on January 15.  Yippee!!!  It has been quite the ride.  Not healed, but I can feel it coming.  I never imagined I would still be dealing with this far out, but here I am and I am so grateful for the incredible support I have had from this forum! 

I have been sick since Wednesday and finally got tested yesterday and I am positive.  It has not been horrible, but it has not been a picnic either.  It is between the worst cold ever and the flu.  Hopefully I will be feeling better soon.

Just curious for those who have COVID while in post withdrawal how it effected you, if at all.  I am almost scare to post this because I don't to "borrow" trouble, but I would love to hear people's experiences.  I was coming out of a six week wave when I got sick, and now I am feeling like I am back in the wave.  I am thinking the wave symptoms will dissipate once I am over COVID.

Thoughts.......

So not fair!!!!!  I have not had Covid that I know of, but I know Trina did, so maybe get in touch with her?!

All I can do is let you know I am so sorry that you now have to deal with this unwanted guest, and will hope and pray that this is short-lived and you can soon get back to the business of healing😍

Hugs,

GG

Hello Decatur,  How very awful, Covid on top of Benzo Withdrawal.  I have been having some cold symptoms and will be tested tomorrow, hope that my doctor can test me, as CT is so short of tests.  I am wishing you a speedy recovery from the Covid and hopefully withdrawal symptoms afterwards won't be bad.  To your healing.  Hugs, Spazzie

Thanks GG and Spazzle for your posts.  Always appreciate the encouragement.

Spazzle:  Hoping you do not have COVID, but if you do, it will be fine.    Please keep us posted!!

GG:  How are you feeling today?  Are those antibiotics doing their job?

Decatur,

I'm so sorry to hear that you got covid. But maybe you got a mild version from what you're saying and it won't last that long. Sending you warm love and quick healing!

LiveLife

It sounds like you might have got the Omicron strain, which I hear is quite a bit milder.  So hopefully, you'll recover quickly and be back to normal soon.  Our neighbors had it recently and they were only sick for 4 days.

I had what was probably the Delta variant, which is the most virulent and severe of all of them.  I have been sick for around 4.5 months and very slowly making improvements.  I doubt this will happen to you.  I have an autoimmune disease, so I was at especially high risk for long Covid.

I'm so sorry you have to deal with Covid as well. Hopefully it's short-lived.

I know KathyM and Benzo-Ronin also had Covid if you want to search their posts.

Hope get better soon!

I'm sorry to hear you are dealing with Covid! I have 2 friends who aren't on BB but are both in (post) WD and have had Covid. Both had mild symtpoms, more like cold and although they both had an uptick in symtpoms while they were sick -the flare up went away within a week of them feeling better.

I seem to get a flare up of symptoms even when there's just a cold in the house and then I go back to baseline shortly after I'm feeling better. I would bet that you will also see your WD symtpoms calm down drastically after you're feeling better from covid.

I hope you feel better very soon!! :smitten:

Hope everyone gets over their COVID.  shayna, sorry to hear about your COVID.  What are your symptoms?  Is your family negative for it?

I don’t know what kind it is. Impossible to get tested here atm too many people with virus. It’s out of control here now.

I’ve got cough, muscle and joint pain, dizziness, chest tightness headaches and phlegm now.

You aren't sure then that it's COVID since you didn't get tested?  I had a cold a few weeks ago with congested chest and coughing and thick mucus nasal stuff, but it wasn't too bad.  I didn't have a fever or lose my smell or sense of taste, so I'm fairly certain it was just a cold and not COVID.  There are colds and flus going around too.  I didn't get tested.

All my close contacts have confirmed tests. It’s covid.

That's how it was for me.  I was too sick to go get tested, but my boys did and they were positive. 

My husbands carer and his family all positive, work colleague and family , my daughters friends all positive . No need for me to sit in a line for hours to find out what I already know. Plus the symptoms are the same

My husbands carer and his family all positive, work colleague and family , my daughters friends all positive . No need for me to sit in a line for hours to find out what I already know. Plus the symptoms are the same

Yep, the symptoms are pretty distinctive.  Aside from the normal flu symptoms, the weird stuff is the anxiety, insomnia, loss of taste and smell, and the burning feelings.  Such a nasty virus!