What is your reaction to sugar?

[dj...]

Generally, I’m pretty good about keeping sugar to a minimum but I have not been able to decline this holiday season, and I think that’s what is causing this bad wave.  I felt so geeked up last night after some cookies and ice cream, and feel incredibly shaky today.  I’ve really been in a bad spot the last week or so, and I think part of it is related to the constant sweets that have been around. 

I just came on to ask about this.  I get bad sugar cravings, have a bowl of ice cream, then feel like 💩.  I'm still tapering, but alas I am going to have to cut the sugar for 2022.  And my neighbor just gave me a 1/2 gallon of eggnog (non-alcoholic). 😲

5 min after i eat any type of sugar I go into acute like symptoms: severe lava-like burning in my skin and nerves, depressed breathing, feeling of an elephant on my chest and severe anxiety for up to 24 hours.  This did not happen during benzo withdrawal.  It happened just 2 months ago from a setback due to corticosteroid. 

I just came on to ask about this.  I get bad sugar cravings, have a bowl of ice cream, then feel like 💩.  I'm still tapering, but alas I am going to have to cut the sugar for 2022.  And my neighbor just gave me a 1/2 gallon of eggnog (non-alcoholic). 😲

Sugar does bad things to your blood sugar levels and makes you fat. It's poison like benzos.

A friend brought over a pie, another one cookies. A half. Hour after eating some I felt sluggish and FAT.

It's also addictive. 

Generally, I’m pretty good about keeping sugar to a minimum but I have not been able to decline this holiday season, and I think that’s what is causing this bad wave.  I felt so geeked up last night after some cookies and ice cream, and feel incredibly shaky today.  I’ve really been in a bad spot the last week or so, and I think part of it is related to the constant sweets that have been around.

I feel your pain. Too much sugar causes me heart palps. I am also a sugar addict, altho I am in remission right now.  :)

I am trying to eat more natural sweets found in fruits, but boy, I sure do miss the cookies and cakes and ice cream and candy.

Sugar does bad things to your blood sugar levels and makes you fat. It's poison like benzos.

A friend brought over a pie, another one cookies. A half. Hour after eating some I felt sluggish and FAT.

It's also addictive.

Super addictive!....very hard to resist....ugh! I feel the same way after indulging.

I love sugar, but sadly for now I have had to swear it off. It definitely revvs me up - I have read this is common for many people. Like any other substance some can manage it just fine and others can't. Sugar is a stimulant so I can absolutely see why it's bothersome to some of us.

The weird part is, natural sugars don't effect me at all, but if I ate a cookie or some ice cream or something it definitely flares up all my symtpoms.

• 1 year later...
I have Type 2 diabetes, so I can't eat as much sugar as I want. But as I take my meds (after talking to my doctor, I decided to buy Victoza online and give it a try), follow a healthy diet and I'm physically active, I still can have sweets now and then. I want to say that moderation is the key.