Is there an objective way to diagnose brain inflammation?

[fu...]

I am almost sure that the symptom of inability to engage on intellectual effort for more than 30 minutes without the burning brain/overheating feeling is due to neuroinflammation.

Is there an objective way to diagnose it?

What you're describing sounds like ADD. Have you always had this issue? I can't hold a conversation for more than 20 minutes, even less when the topic is bothersome or is of no interest to me. I was diagnosed with ADHD-PI and can relate to the "burning brain" feeling after a long conversation.

In either case, you could try an anti-inflammatory diet for a month and see if you feel better.

Godspeed.

I was diagnosed with Lupus encephalitis this past January and I'm sure it's due to my brain inflammation from an autoimmune response.  I have bad head pressure all the time. 

• 2 weeks later...

I was diagnosed with Lupus encephalitis this past January and I'm sure it's due to my brain inflammation from an autoimmune response.  I have bad head pressure all the time.

Curious, how long has it been with the head pressure?

I'd say about 8 years now.  The head pressure started when I got off the benzo's.  I've got brain and nerve damage now from them.  I'm so screwed.

I'm sorry to hear that, it's been 2 months but with improvements for me. It constantly changes for me. Like I'm still trying to figure out ways to help it. I still need to get a MRI soon this week or two. CT Scan was normal

I'm here if you ever want to talk. I hope you are still trying with omega 3 supplements, acupuncture, and such. Be strong, friend. Hopefully, technology gets better quick for that nanotech and such.

• 1 year later...

I'd say about 8 years now.  The head pressure started when I got off the benzo's.  I've got brain and nerve damage now from them.  I'm so screwed.

So what are u trying to say is that benzo damage is irriversable for you and benzos caused Lupus Encephalitis??

So what are u trying to say is that benzo damage is irriversable for you and benzos caused Lupus Encephalitis??

That's exactly what I'm saying.  I had tolerance w/d symptoms and went to a Neurologist and he did an ANA blood test and it was positive and he said I had Lupus.  Then I went to a Rheumatologist and she ran more tests and confirmed my Lupus.  I went to the docs because of my symptoms from being on the benzo's.  Then a few years ago I went to an MD doc and showed her my copy of the document I got from the Rheumatologist about my SLE diagnosis and also the copy of the document I got from the Hematologist diagnosing me with Thrombophilia and then she diagnosed me with Lupus Encephalitis.  I know that's why I've got such severe head pressure all the time. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have had this sensation during my worst period of withdrawal (multiple withdrawals, too fast tapers etc) but it went away. I could do as much without feeling my head symptoms getting worse. I was recovered.

UNTIL.

I caught covid19 this autumn after experiencing mild concussion. I have been in hell for a month. I can't do almost anything before the burning sensation starts, like headache deep within my brain that just gets worse if I try to think. It can be better in the morning but in the evening my head feels really uncomfortable. It is such a bizarre sensation. Like I feel drilling sensation in my brain or burning. Sometimes I feel burning sensation, sometimes cold. Like I have constant 24/7 brain fog, cement inside of my brain that makes processing difficult. I can't miltitask, my short term memory is affected. I have had headache and neck hurts that has lasted for a month and horrible fatigue. I believe my symptoms could have something to do with brain inflammation triggered by COVID or something else has happened to my brain (trigger was either concussion or covid). I have an idea what dementia feels like amd my brain feels slow. Like what on earth even happened. Probably going to het MRI or something and see a neurologist.

This is traumatic after making so much recovery to be in this situation.