who's thought of using phenazepam

[Wh...]

for those of you who don't know, phenazepam is a benzo prescribed in Russia with the longest half life of all.

It's nowhere near as recreational as other benzos (which is why it could be useful), and it lasts a LONG time - the peak lasts like a day but the aftereffects can even drag on for like a week. 

only problem is is that it's not prescribed in north america - I really think it could be a benefit to benzo addicts as it could be used the same way methadone is for opiate addicts. 

Hi Whereismymind,

I'm not sure you understand the nature of benzo withdrawal and the purpose of this forum.  The best tools we have are slow tapers, and allowing our bodies to heal naturally.  There are no other drugs which will aid in this process, and asking about using another benzo as an adjunct to withdrawal goes against our policy.

Please heed the draft forum rules I pointed you to in your other thread. 

Guidelines/Rules Regarding the Use and Promotion of Medicines and Drugs

Since most of our members have dependency/addiction issues with benzodiazepines, and our stated mission is to help them quit, it would be untenable for us to allow content that discourages them from this goal, or encourages behaviour that might lead to a new dependency or addiction. Therefore:

* Do not promote illegal drug use. Nor should you describe drug paraphernalia, exult positive experiences, or glorify their use. Please keep descriptions factual and dispassionate.

* Do not promote the abuse (or illegal or inappropriate use) of medicines.

* Do not promote addictive substances as withdrawal adjunctives.

With the above guidance in mind, you may discuss your use of medicines and illicit drugs as they pertain to benzodiazepine use and withdrawal. Additionally, please bear in mind that our focus is benzodiazepine withdrawal, so the collective knowledge of our membership about drugs and medicines other than benzodiazepines will be limited. You should not expect, nor engage in, detailed discussions about drugs or medicines other than benzodiazepines.

Hi Whereismymind,

In Heroin addiction, Methadone is used as a replacement for the purposes of maintainance, not tapering. Are you saying that people could take phenazepam as a maintainance drug in place of other benzos? I'm not sure there would be a point to that, since they would still be on benzos.

for those of you who don't know, phenazepam is a benzo prescribed in Russia with the longest half life of all.

It's nowhere near as recreational as other benzos (which is why it could be useful), and it lasts a LONG time - the peak lasts like a day but the aftereffects can even drag on for like a week. 

only problem is is that it's not prescribed in north america - I really think it could be a benefit to benzo addicts as it could be used the same way methadone is for opiate addicts.   

Hi Whereismymind,

Are you asking if it would be advantageous for you to crossover from your current benzo in order to taper from the Phenazepam?  I may have misunderstood your intent.   :-[

This feels like a recommendation.

Are you here to get off Benzos?

i was recommending as a TAPER + SUBSITUTION method to help all of us addicts get off this stuff... jeez.

and YES I am currently 4 days completely benzo free from a 120mg diazepam tolerance - feel like burying my face in the sand but I'll survive.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, 120 mg of Diazepam is the equivalent of 6 mg of Klonapin.  Since I found 60 mg of diazepam hard to function on with feelings of lethargy, how were you on 120 mg of diazepam?  Do you have any withdrawal symptoms?  If you are on day 4 without anything at all, I would say you are doing quite well.  I went c/t for 4 days of 2mg of Xanax and 3 mg of Klonapin and had to go back on the 3 mg of Klonapin and crossover to 60 mg of diazepam.  I had serious scary withdraw symptoms.  My doctor stated I could have had seizures if I continued cold turkey with the condition I was in.  I am now at 4 mg of diazepam but it took me 6 months.  If you are feeling okay to function I would say that is amazing.  How long were you on the diazepam?  Good luck in your continued success.

Oleander