I got Covid a second time

[wo...]

Any other folk here had it twice?

Last time had for three months. Doesn't feel as bad this time but the symptoms are un mistakenly the same

[db...]
We had a woman at the lab who contracted it twice.  It's like West Nile in that it's not very immunogenic - doesn't elicit strong antigenic or memory cell responses.  I guess the resistance you get from the vaccines is stronger than that that you get naturally after being infected.  It's a smart (i.e. nasty) virus.

I thought it would not be as bad the second time but seems the same. I guess if you get flu, getting a year later don't make it any less annoying.

At least this time I know the breathing exercises and they really do help. Find on YouTube. The fever etc. is bearable.

• 2 weeks later...

:thumbsup:

i only mention this because it may put some folks mind at rest

this second time round not as bad as first time so I guess after one year stilj got some of the good auntie bodies left

no loss of smell or taste and less fried than before,

just a touch of fever after eating

I'm so sorry wobble head, how much more torture the universe is throwing at us !

I got it in March 2020, took 1 yr to feel improvement not full recovery, and just got it again 3 wks ago.

I'm glad to hear the 2nd round is not as bad and unbearable. I am scared as I don't know if I can go another round like the 1st one.

wow, that's not good. I am so sorry this has happened to you. How much time went by between the first and the second infection?

Is it possible to get the vaccine then?

This virus sucks.

Get well soon! :smitten:

I'm so sorry wobble head, how much more torture the universe is throwing at us !

I got it in March 2020, took 1 yr to feel improvement not full recovery, and just got it again 3 wks ago.

I'm glad to hear the 2nd round is not as bad and unbearable. I am scared as I don't know if I can go another round like the 1st one.

I'm sorry to hear that too but I'm sure you will find it less arduous than before.

The horrid country I am in have not yet started vaccinations and even if they did I would be the very last to get it.

Yep its the fear that really gets to you and that can affect our breathing. Try to do the diaphram/belly breathing you can find on YouTube. It won't take long to become your default breathing pattern. It optimizes lung capacity and in addition calms your mind.

We'll be fine. We're both survivors

• 1 year later...

I been off forum for a few months so I guess a bit of a cheek to suddenly come crawling back but just a update

Had covid FOUR times total. Still alive and breathing at age 65. Important thing is to make sure you don't stop eating and do some kinda exercise even if only walking on the spot

Now got fibromyalgia and semi-chronic fatigue but only to be expected and could of been much worse