Trying to Figure Out Whats Right??

[le...]

Please understand that I am just trying to firgure out what is right for me.....

I have asked about taper plans and have gotten some GREAT adivce on here and some great plans and I am still looking around I am interested in substitution now I tried or I THINK I tried it before but I guess not really I was on 2mg of Xanax and then got put on Valuim Cold Turkey off the Xanax then a 6 day detox of the valiums after a week of being on those so I guess I did a hard core cold turkey sub lol....What would I do now....Could someone please tell me the correct ashton taper for 1.50mg's of Xanax I have Tons of V's to help with the taper what do I do now?

Can someone help me out here I know that 1mg=10mg of V's I get that but using the schedual I am confused really on when to switch to what ??

This is what confuses me I am looking at the ashton taper and I would be really on stage 7 1mg then 1mg but I dont take mine like that I take .50 4x's a day

And this part confuses me as well

(1-2 weeks)

alprazolam 1mg

diazepam 20mg

alprazolam 1mg

diazepam 10mg

Stop alprazolam

diazepam 20mg

if i take my xanax 4 times a day =2mg of X's = 40mg's of Valium what would I reduce and how through the day and how often?

Actually, according to the Ashton Manual equivalencies, 1 mg xanax = 20 mg valium.  Are you taking the 1.5mg xanax spread out during the day or all at once?

I am taking it like this now I upped it cause I already started to feel bad

.50 at 8am

.25 at 12pm

.50 at 3pm

.25 at 6pm

.50 at 9pm

So a total of 2mg's

I know that 1mg of X= 10mg of V's I am just confused on where to start my taper over to Valuim would it be something like this?

If I wanted to cross over how would I do that slowly and then once on the V's I know how to tiltrate I wanted to do that with the Xanax but taking it all day long it just too hard to make so many doesages when I could just cross over to V's and make one in the AM then one in the PM then come off those, though they do nothing for my panic I know they will ease with withdrawals and keep me from having the bad things happen like sezuires I am just worried about taking them together last time I tried my doc had me C/T my 2mg of Xanax and started me on 40mg of V's 10mg 4x's a day I never took them together and being med scared I am worried about interactions!

Lee

Hi Leandra

According to the benzo equivalency table 1mg xanax is 20mg val, and 0.5mg xanax is 10mg val. Sorry to be a doom bearer, just thought you better know.

I regret I cannot advise you on c/o to valium but I have entitled this post "While waiting for a mod"

In the meantime, you could look at professor ashtons manual to see what she mentions there about crossovers.

I dont think val and xanax have interactions, but you could check this with a mod too.

I am sorry I cannot give you any more help, but I hope an expert comes along soon.

love

J x

Hi Leandra

According to the benzo equivalency table 1mg xanax is 20mg val, and 0.5mg xanax is 10mg val. Sorry to be a doom bearer, just thought you better know.

I regret I cannot advise you on c/o to valium but I have entitled this post "While waiting for a mod"

In the meantime, you could look at professor ashtons manual to see what she mentions there about crossovers.

I dont think val and xanax have interactions, but you could check this with a mod too.

I am sorry I cannot give you any more help, but I hope an expert comes along soon.

love

J x

Hi Journey,

I wanted to clarify something.  We have no experts at BenzoBuddies, we're a mutual support fourm for people to share what has worked for them.  We depend on our members to jump in and give their experience so that everyone can benefit from it.  I didn't taper, so I have no personal experience to offer, however I've talked to members who have so I sometimes pass along what I've heard.  To my knowledge, no one on the current team has done a crossover, so we rely on our members who have to help their Buddies. 

Moderators are here to provide support yes, but their actual role is to moderate, this means making sure the rules are followed and policies adhered to.  We do our best to answer the questions put to us, but in the end, all we can do let someone know what has worked for us, or try to point them to someone who has more experience. 

Pam

I am taking it like this now I upped it cause I already started to feel bad

.50 at 8am

.25 at 12pm

.50 at 3pm

.25 at 6pm

.50 at 9pm

So a total of 2mg's

I know that 1mg of X= 10mg of V's I am just confused on where to start my taper over to Valuim would it be something like this?

If I wanted to cross over how would I do that slowly and then once on the V's I know how to tiltrate I wanted to do that with the Xanax but taking it all day long it just too hard to make so many doesages when I could just cross over to V's and make one in the AM then one in the PM then come off those, though they do nothing for my panic I know they will ease with withdrawals and keep me from having the bad things happen like sezuires I am just worried about taking them together last time I tried my doc had me C/T my 2mg of Xanax and started me on 40mg of V's 10mg 4x's a day I never took them together and being med scared I am worried about interactions!

Lee

Hi Leandra,

I feel you're getting ahead of yourself, it would be helpful if you concentrated on your crossover.  Worrying about all of the what if's is ramping up your fear, can you just try to keep in the now?  How about you substitute 10 mgs of Valium for your 9:00 pm .5 Xanax dose for a week or two?

I agree consintrate on the crossover first i too tried to have the whole thing planned out but that just caused more anxiety.. once your fully crossed over and stable then decide how to proceed.. like pam says start subbing one dose at a time and holding 1-2 weeks (1 week should work)but if not no need to rush as we really want this to work for you after all you have been through.. as ashton says prob best to start with night time dose..once crossed over you will be at a total of 40mg v. since it is 1mg x = 20mg V.

ok thank you tonight I will take 10mg of V's not my .50mg of X's but I thought for some reason .50mg would = 5mg of V

I thought that

1mg of Xanax = 10mg of Valium

SO

.50mg of Xanax =5mg of Valium

Thats not right?

ok thanks I think i am still going to do just a 5mg at night not a 10mg for the start

.50mg x 9am

.50mg x 1pm

.50mg x 5pm

5 mg V 9pm

Hold for two weeks

Then--

.50mg X

.50mg X

10 mg V

5  mg V

Hold for two weeks

.50mg X

10mg V

10mg V

5mg V

Hold for two weeks

10mg V

10mg V

10mg V

5mg V

Hold For Two weeks

Then start my tiltration at 35mg

what you think?

that sounds good leandra.. since you are currently on 2mg xanax you will be making a .5 mg reduction during your crossover..i too did a little reduction during my crossover.. if that is what you like to do. It may not hurt to much since you just recently went up to 2mg?

anyways that plan does sound good i like that you are planning 2 week holds between everything i really think that will be a great advantage for you.. since you have tried pretty much every other way you really want to give this round your 100% and do it right.. i think you will will do just fine.. and once the V builds up things should smooth out greatly..

I wish you the best of luck.. keep us posted..

Ashley

Hi Leandra,

The great thing about using Valium to taper is, you don't need to titrate!  The pills come in 2 mg, easy to split, and the half life is so long, you don't have to spread the doses out all day long.