may i please have a schedule made..

[as...]

start date: Tues November 2nd

dose:16mg diazapam

tablet sizes: I have 10mg and 2mg

taper rate: 1% per day

cylinder: 100ml 1ml increments

also need to know what size pills would be most useful to obtain from the doctor on my next visit.. thank you

Ashley

Hi,

I can help you put together a titration plan, but if you are using 2mg Valium tablets, you are highly unlikely to need to use titration.

How many 10mg tablets do you have? You should obtain 2mg tablets to complete your taper.

i have 28 10mg until i see the doctor and 60 2mg...(that is not including what i'm going to be taking up til nov 2nd).... that is also what i was thinking since i have the small pills should i truck it out with just the pills or could titration be more beneficial?

Hi,

In your shoes, I would use a combination of the two different dose pills to use up the 10mg pills while your dose is relatively large. As you move forward, you will need the 2mg pills.

At the moment, at a dose of 16mg per day, I would probably take 1.5 x 10mg tablets (15mg) + 0.5 x 2mg tablet (1mg) for your daily total. It probably would be best to reduce your dose by 1mg at a time for the time being (although you might be fine reducing your dose by 2mg).

When your dose gets down to 10mg (or maybe a bit lower - it depends upon the individual concerned), you will probably find that you need to make 0.5mg reductions.

It is almost unheard of for members to need titration when they can make 0.5mg reductions to their dose of Valium. You will need 2mg tablets for this (quarter-pill reductions). If you cannot obtain 2mg tablets, then yes, you would probably benefit from titration.