HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR V TO BUILD UP IN YOUR SYSYEM

[as...]

just curious i recently switched over from lorazapam and have only been on v a couple of weeks and have had horrable anxiety today.. not sure if it is because the v has not bulit up yet or because i have made to cuts since switching over.. either way i think im gonna hold this dose for a week and a half

just curious i recently switched over from lorazapam and have only been on v a couple of weeks and have had horrable anxiety today.. not sure if it is because the v has not bulit up yet or because i have made to cuts since switching over.. either way i think im gonna hold this dose for a week and a half

Hi Ashros

I am not sure about lorazapam and the half life on that drug.  I just used the Ashton Method and tweaked it a bit.  The only part of the c/o I remember being crazy for me was being so tired.  I started cutting down quicker to function better.  It sounds like the opposite effect for you.  Are you sure you have c/o to the right amount of Valium??  There are other people here that are better equipped to answer that but the Ashton method gave me an idea and then I had to get a doctor to pretty much do what I said since he didn't know what was going on.  I got lucky that he will just write me scripts.  I might be lucky enough not to have to see him again.  I am pretty stocked up.  I don't know if he looked at what he was writing to be honest.

Also to get an answer, you might want to go on the chat line here and ask others.  That has helped me in the past.  Good luck.

Oleander

Ashley, I seem to remember a few years ago Colin telling me that it takes about 4 weeks to build up, then it levels out.  Maybe he or another sr. team member will be along soon to answer your question. ;)

gosh i wish i had enough stocked up not to see my doctor again.. its really nerve racking even thinking that i gotta go see him in another month.. he wants to see me on a monthly basis i think and he is not at all educated about the ashton method.. so he just gives me a certain amount of pills each time based on the schedule i wrote out which does not really make it easy if i want to slow down a bit! anyway what can i do.. good to know too that it takes about a month for it to build up im really hoping things smooth over here pretty soon the beginning of nov will be about a month since i started v.

Ash,

I know it can be frustrating to go see a doctor you don't want to see.  He has the power to write the script and it seems unfair.  I remember thinking, geez, why do I have to go to this guy to tell him what to write on a script???  Money for him for nothing.  He hardly looked up from his desk.  I did print out the entire Ashton Manual, not just the schedule so he understood that this schedule is not the same for everyone and it could take longer.  He did seem to listen at that point because I really had my speech ready for him with all the paperwork and the pertinent stuff highlighted.  He knew I did my homework and he didn't.  Then I thought to myself if a medicating psychiatrist is not handing out medicine, what does he do for a living?  This is what the guy does.  I was VERY lucky he gave me 10 mg, 5 mg and 2 mg and all have refills.  I am hoping I don't have to see him again if my math is right and I continue to have good results but I could have to see him again once more but at that point I think I got off most of the Benzos, no thanks to him, really.  I had to go figure it out myself like most of us here. 

I didn't know about the month thing.  I am glad I didn't know or I might have had more trouble doing the c/o.  I didn't have s/x but I might have if I knew that information.

Keep up the good work and good luck to you.

Oleander

[1d...]

Ashley, I seem to remember a few years ago Colin telling me that it takes about 4 weeks to build up, then it levels out.  Maybe he or another sr. team member will be along soon to answer your question. ;)

Yeppers about a month, 4 weeks for me.

That's true, it leveled out then.

K.