switching all or most of diazapam to night?

[as...]

Hi all I am considering switching either most or all of my diazapam to night.. it hopes that it will help with my fatiuge during the day.. I've read that this can be done however im not sure how I should carry this out.. I am currently on 18mg diaz and I have already taken my 8mg this morning. not sure if I should add the extra tonight if I do that then that would mean that I would be taking way move diazapam today.. or I can wait til tomorrow and take none or minimal in the morning and then up the dose tomorrow night.. but if I do that then I dont know if I will be suffering during the day tomorrow.. any suggestions would be nice on how to carry this out. also would like to hear from anyone who has changed all there dose to one time a day.. and if they found any uimprovement.. thanks!!

I don't know of any formula or rules for doing this and have no idea how you will feel after you make the switch.  However, it seems to me to be more prudent to shift part of that 8mg morning dose to the evening first (say, 4mg?), and if after a week or two you are still feeling too sedated in the morning, shift the rest of it.  Since you have already taken 8mg this morning, you could start tomorrow morning by taking just 4mg, and then at night take 14mg for a total of 18mg.  I'm just winging it here but this makes some sense to me.  Hope it helps.

I don't know of any formula or rules for doing this and have no idea how you will feel after you make the switch.  However, it seems to me to be more prudent to shift part of that 8mg morning dose to the evening first (say, 4mg?), and if after a week or two you are still feeling too sedated in the morning, shift the rest of it.  Since you have already taken 8mg this morning, you could start tomorrow morning by taking just 4mg, and then at night take 14mg for a total of 18mg.  I'm just winging it here but this makes some sense to me. 

I think this would be a good way to do it, too.  You can always give it a try, and the nif you need to slow the exchange down, you can do so. :thumbsup:

I was on 60 mg of Diazepam in the beginning of the summer, split up into 20 mg/3x daily.  I was put on 'Benzos for insomnia so I started getting rid of the morning and afternoon doses.  I am taking 15mg diazepam all at bedtime.  So far, so good.  I go down some when I seem okay and I don't have bunch of stress going on.  I was originally doing the Ashton Method to c/o and taper but Dr. Ashton did say if you have more s/x in the morning, keep more in the morning.  I have more problems sleeping so I have it all at night.  I was on a lot more than you but it worked out okay for me.  I am now learning to sleep with cognitive behavioral therapy.  I am learning with a psychologist using different tools other than drugs.  I still have a way to go but I work on it everyday.  Good luck.

Oleander