questions to members who have crossed over

[as...]

first off i hear it takes about  month for v to build up in your system.. i did my crossover in about ten days.. still feelin a lil crummy but really had no choice due to doctors orders..  plan to stablize on this dose for two weeks anyone notice improvement around a month of being switched over?  also i have yet to find alot of success stories or progress on members tapering valium or have finished tapering.. anyone doing this please reply and let me know how it is going. i know everyone is different but i find much comfort in reading success stories considering my main issue with everything right now is FEAR. also i heard it takes about a month or more for val to come out of your system so would that mean that after last dose real withdrawls might not come for about a month later? thanks everyone

Ashley

I wish I could give you some positive thoughts one this what I do know is after talking to my doctor though you hear that V's can take weeks to build up they really work within an hour and leave the system with in 24 hours (one dosage of course the more you take the more it builds) but the FULL effect of your dosages should take affect in no more than 48 hours if you are not feeling better after that then

1. you are in tolerance withdrawls

2. you need more because of 1

Or do what I did and go to the ER tell them you are in with drawls and you need help cause you feel like you are dying and they will help  you in hospital taper off today is my day 5 oh joy lol though its not the best place in the world I would love to be right now it where I NEED to be I am over half way done and feel OK not GREAT but I am not as bas as I have heard some stories

I can eat

I can talk

I can walk

I can take my own showers

I am able to handle doing a lot of things on a taper that I have heard MOST cant but I also REFUSE To be upset by this I am staying positive even when my legs feel like they are being pulled apart I know it wont last forever positive self talk is what its all about

I hope you feel better soon, and if not talk to your doctor cause tolerance withdrawl can be as dangerous as cold turkey

Hi Ashro's

I crossed over to 80 mgs of valium from 4 mgs . of klonopin.  I personally had no problems with crossing over.  I have not written a success story as of yet because I want to feel as close to 100 % before I do.  I have now been off of benzo's for 7 mos.  It has not been a easy thing to do and has been one of the hardest and most challenging events of my life.  But, it has been worth it.  Most definatley very very worth it.  Whatever you are going thru now please believe that it will all go away !!  I have days where I feel really lousy but I can see so much improvement.  I feel like I have me back again, but even better .  Right now my window is so bright and peaceful and so very very good.  This is also what you will have .  Hang in there,  I know it seems like it will not happen,  but it will !!        Ginia

Hi Ashro,

I didn't know it took awhile for anyone to get used to the c/o to valium.  I was tired but I did the switch from 2 mg of Xanax and 3 mg of Klonopin to 60 mg of valium generic Diazepam.  I started with using the Ashton method but went a little quicker and tailored it to my problem, which was insomnia.  In the beginning of the summer I was on 60 mg and now I am at 18 mg.  I am making another jump today or tomorrow to 15 or 16 mg.  I decided to go to Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.  It has worked a bit.  I am learning new ways to deal with my sleeping.  The only real s/x I had was being really tired.  I wouldn't say I am a success story because I am still on a large dose but I have no doubt I will be off this based on the tapering I was able to do very quickly.  If you want to read my story, it is here.  I wish you good luck and write to me anytime.  I think you are doing good.  You were able to c/o and this will take time but you are at the right place here.  The admins know a lot more but you can read a lot of stories of people c/o and tapering a lot off of their doses.

Good luck

Oleander

[71...]

I crossed from 2.5mg of Klonopin to 45mg of Valium, I didn't have any problems crossing over, just sedation and I was more functional. Klonopin is rough!

So the Valium felt like a relief when I c/o. It had taken me about 2 weeks to feel the full effect, as my c/o was fast.

Keryn.