From Xanax To Valuims To NOTHING!

[le...]

I have went from 6mg of Xanax

Then to 40mg of Valuims

I am in the hospital now and they are taking me down I may go home today or tommrrow who knows!

Today I am at 20mg of V's 10mg at 9am and 10mg at 9pm

Then tommrrow is just 10mg at night same the next day

Then the two days after that is 5mg at night for two days

Then two days after that is 5 mg every other da

Then Two days after that is 5 mg twice in one week

Then NOTHING

Lets pray!

Can you tell me how you tapered from 6 mgs of Xanax to 1.75, what were your cuts like, how long between each cut and how long total to get to that dose?  Did you have any symptoms as you did this, or did you just get to 1.75 and get hit with them?

Well I did not tell my doctor I was doing it.

I started with 6mg every two weeks I went down 1mg till I got to 3mg then started to feel bad so I slowed down

from 3mg I started to cut .25mg every two or three weeks depending on how I feel

I did this all the way to the 1.75mg thats when everything hit the fan, rolling panic attacks, throwing up, shaking, dizzyness, seeing spots so i went to the doctor..

he put me back up to 2mg of xanax for a week did not help at all I called again he changed me to 40mg of V's (a MUCH higher dosage than I was on the xanax for) again this did NOTHING for my withdrawls finally I gave up, gave in and went to the ER...

They admitted me

I have been here four days now

This is what they have done so far...

Day 1 40mg of V's

day 2 30mg of V's

Day 3 and 4 20mg of V's ( I am on day four now)

Day 5 and 6 I will take 10mg of V's at bedtime

Day 7 and 8 I will take 5mg of V's at bedtime

Everyother day will be 5mg of V's at bedtime for a week

Then 5mg of V's Twice in one week three days apart

THEN DONE

40 mgs of Valium is equivalent to 2 mgs of Xanax, so the hospital has given you the correct dosage.  You tapered fairly rapidly to get down to 1.75, and it sounds like it caught up with you there.  The body needs time to adjust to the reductions of the drug, otherwise severe withdrawal symptoms occur.  The hospital will help you rid your body of the Valium, but only time will help you heal. 

I hope you'll take our suggestions to reinstate the Valium when you leave the hospital and do a very slow taper, otherwise the symptoms you felt at 1.75 will be with you for a long time.  Please discuss this option with your Dr, ask him if he'll support your desire to go slowly. 

They are letting me go today or tommrrow, so I will be let go before my taper is done they said I am just being kept cause I am asking to stay but they need the bed for other people... So when they let me go I will still have 5 days of a taper left.. I really dont have a choice... I have cancer and the meds I am on are killing my eggs if my husband and I want babies then I have to be clean for 30 days and I start my IVF treatments in 60 days so I have not choice either I come off now and deal with the pain and risks and have a child in a year or I stay and do it slow and never have a baby before the cancer meds make it impossible to have a natural child of my own. My husband does not belive in adoption (not that he is not for people doing it) just that he wants a son to carry on his blood and I understand that I want to give him that!

So I am kinda stuck I am going to feel bad no matter what I do

1. cause I am already sick anyways

2. I am already in withdrawls so why do backwards back to feeling ok just to prolong the withdrawls cause nothing says doing it slow I still wont suffer, some people just do!

Thanks for explaining your situation in more detail, I see your point.  You're right, you're going to be in pain whichever method you choose, and as you say, time is running out for you to have a baby.  I'm sorry to hear of your cancer, I hope the meds you're taking will help you live a long and happy life. 

I'm sorry I've been so intent upon warning you to reinstate and taper slowly, it's just that I want to do everything in my power to spare someone the pain I went through.  We'll be here for you while you're in the hospital and when you leave it, we'll help you through this.

Thank you very much for the support I am 100% sure that I am going to need to know what the feelings that I am going to feel are normal and that the pain will one day stop. I know from watching my husband slip back into old habbits when we where younger that it is easy to go back to that "drug" just to stop the pain for that day then it leads to I am only going to do it once a week to help then once a day then your back on it all the time and I dont want that to be me... I know this wont be fun. My panic just takes over and I freak out about what is really detox and withdrawls, what is panic in my mind, and what is something to be worried about. I am getting a blood pressure wrist thing when I get out of here. Is there a way to tell from your BP if you should go to the hospital I am just trying to find a way to rest my mind on the fact that I am not close to a stroke or sezuire I am sooo worried!!!

I'd be fairly confident in telling you that what you're going to be experiencing, in the way of anxiety and panic will be the drug withdrawal for quite some time.  It will exacerbate any issues you had before this, so just try to hold on and tell yourself it's the drug. 

How about you ask your questions about blood pressure on this thread.  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=24053.0  That board gets more traffic and there might be others who can answer your questions.  I don't have experience with blood pressure issues.

Ok thank you again headed that way to ask and see if anyone has any ideas...thank you for all your help words and concern I am sure I will bug you TONS more lol before this is all over!