thinking about valium c/o from ativan

[le...]

From the first day that I began my ativan taper I have had a very difficult time. Once I made it to 1 mg. I began a milk titration and am now at .75 mg. It is been more tolerable than dry cutting but still difficult. I'm seriously thinking about trying a c/o to Valium because the Ativan is too potent for my system. I asked my PMHNP if that would be an option for me and she said that she would be willing to do whatever she can to help me off this poison.

I've put together a schedule. Please let me know if it looks okay.

.75 Ativan = 7.50 Diazepam                                                                                         

Stage 1 - Ativan .25        Ativan .25          Ativan .125/Valium 1.25 

Stage 2 - A-.125/V-1.25    A-.25                A-.125/V-1.25

Stage 3 - A-.125/V-1.25    A-.125/V-1.25    A-.125/V-1.25

Stage 4 - A-.125/V-1.25    A-.125/V-1.25    V-2.50

Stage 5 - V-2.50              A-.125/V-1.25    V-2.50

Stage 6 - V-2.50              V-2.50              V-2.50

Hi Legos:

I am taking .5 mg. Ativan and am finishing up a taper of 10 mg. Ambien nightly.  I will stabilize off the Ambien, but continue taking the .5 mg. Ativan nitely.  Once stable, I will crossover to 5 mg. valium.  I only take my Ativan at night, so am hoping it will be a straight nighttime dose crossover.  Then taper from Valium. 

We might be very close to the crossover time to valium.  I will start blogging then.  I will be interested in how you're doing too. 

Hang in there (together we stand to get better!)

Rocko

From the first day that I began my ativan taper I have had a very difficult time. Once I made it to 1 mg. I began a milk titration and am now at .75 mg. It is been more tolerable than dry cutting but still difficult. I'm seriously thinking about trying a c/o to Valium because the Ativan is too potent for my system. I asked my PMHNP if that would be an option for me and she said that she would be willing to do whatever she can to help me off this poison.

I've put together a schedule. Please let me know if it looks okay.

.75 Ativan = 7.50 Diazepam                                                                                           

Stage 1 - Ativan .25         Ativan .25          Ativan .125/Valium 1.25 

Stage 2 - A-.125/V-1.25    A-.25                A-.125/V-1.25

Stage 3 - A-.125/V-1.25    A-.125/V-1.25    A-.125/V-1.25

Stage 4 - A-.125/V-1.25    A-.125/V-1.25    V-2.50

Stage 5 - V-2.50              A-.125/V-1.25    V-2.50

Stage 6 - V-2.50              V-2.50               V-2.50

I think you've figured it out perfectly, legos.  How much time are you planning on leaving between stages?

Rocko -Thanks for the encouragement. I'll keep my eyes open for your blog and keep you posted on my progress with the crossover.

Beeper - I'm not sure how much time between stages. Ativan has really knocked me on my rear end time and time again and I've only been on it since mid-November.

• 1 month later...
Thanks for asking Rocko. The crossover has gone remarkably well. I'm feeling a little sedated but still able to function. I've had some minor withdrawal symptoms but they have been tolerable. I'll be completely crossed over to valium on Friday. I plan on stabalizing for 4 weeks and then I'll start tapering.

Thanks for asking Rocko. The crossover has gone remarkably well. I'm feeling a little sedated but still able to function. I've had some minor withdrawal symptoms but they have been tolerable. I'll be completely crossed over to valium on Friday. I plan on stabalizing for 4 weeks and then I'll start tapering.

Woohoo!  :yippee:  :thumbsup:  ;D