K crossover from 1.75 mg K to approx . 30 mg V, almost complete, need advice

[dr...]

My crossover will be complete in about a week.  Is it best to wait a whole month prior to reductions, or can I wait a week if I feel good.  What is the recommended reduction schedule?  I'm very sensitive, and feel so out of touch with my body, the world, etc. Please help me with this.

Thank you,

Aryana

i don't know what ashton recommends; perhaps the staff/mods can help you.

i am mid crossover and my doc told me that i will hold for about 6 weeks before i start to taper; and honestly, at this point for me, i am glad to have a break.

i hope that you find the correct answer from those that operate this site.

good luck.

love, truck

I waited a month.  I was advised that starting your taper as stable (feeling well) as possible can set the "tone" for the rest of your taper.  See how you feel and go from there.  If you are feeling sedated etc that is expected and should pass as your liver kicks in and you metabolize the Valium better.

Hope you feel better soon

Mimi

Hi Aryana,

It's very common to feel so out of touch with yourself and the world, try not to be afraid of it, it's just another symptom.  We have to live with the physical, emotional and mental symptoms that tolerance and withdrawal from these drugs cause.

Are you going to follow Dr Ashtons schedule 2 when you start your taper once your crossover is complete?  Here's the link if you'd like to take a look at it. http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzsched.htm

Please keep the questions coming, we're here to help.

I waited a month.  I was advised that starting your taper as stable (feeling well) as possible can set the "tone" for the rest of your taper.  See how you feel and go from there.  If you are feeling sedated etc that is expected and should pass as your liver kicks in and you metabolize the Valium better.

Hope you feel better soon

Mimi

DO YOU FEEL ITS BEST TO GO OVER TO SAME AMT OF VALIUM STARIGHT OFF OF KLONNOPINN IS IT HELPING OR ARE YOU INTERNAL SHAKING? DID YOU TAKE 30MG VALIUM YOU DIDNT CROSS OVER?

• 1 month later...
If a person has an easy crossover and feels fine does it not seems ok to begin the taper?  Cannot wait too long invite tolerance issues with the V or dampen motivation if the V is working too well?  Just some thoughts.