? on ashton taper

[On...]

I feel really dumb asking this. I started the ashton  taper last wed, would week 2 start today or tomorrow on wed?Today would have been 7 days and wed 8,i think its 7 but if it is i didn't do my morning cut today.

Week 2 would start Wednesday, OMP.  You don't have to stick to a week, of course, but if you are shooting for making changes once/week, Wednesday is the start of a new week for your substitution plan.

Really depends on how you feel.  Everyone is different per Ashton.  Read the whole packet again last night.  I wanted to do 1 week but then thought I better do 2 weeks with the stuff I have coming up in life, unfortunately.  Now I am wondering if I should even taper a lesser amount than 5mg of Valium.  So confused.  I don't ever want to go backwards but can't trigger much of a w/d symptom.  I can deal with insomnia.  I had it for 20 years even on the benzos but the panic, anxiety, etc that I had on my 4 day c/t craziness, can't do and the cog brain, can't do.  Just so unsure.  I also have to make sure my doctor (feel good) wants to give me enough drugs to do the taper I want as Ashton says it should be.  He thinks a 6 week taper is all good. So far so good with him but who the heck knows.  I hope to know more when I see him on the 7th.

Good luck on your next taper!!!

Lisa

My crossover to Ashton was lengthier than the manual indicated. It ook me 2 weeks to so stage 1 and 2 weeks to do stage 3. Take your time. Do what is comfortable for you. If a stage takes 2 weeks,9 days,whatever,make sure you are ok before trying the next step.