Need help to determine appropriate valium substitution for Klonipin

[el...]

Hello everyone-  Have learned a great deal from this website in just 24 hours.  Am currently on .5 mg of clonazapam.  Take .25 at 10 am and .25 at 4 pm.  Would like to try to substitute valium, my md is amenable.  Any suggestions on how much valium to substitute and how much clonazepam to decn?  rease.  I thought to decrease klonipin by 1/8 mg and incorporate 2.5 mg of valium.  based upon ashton substitution method.  Since I am on such a small dose, it is difficult for me to understand if it is appropriate to do the substitutio?  I have been struggling at .5 mg for such a long time, that I feel frightened to decrease any additional amount.  Each time I have decreased from .5mg I have been unable to maintain my life for more than a week.    This is definitely the most difficult task of my life!  Whoever posted that they can do anything after the benzo nightmare is correct.  I feel that any torture would be a piece of cake compared with my life of the past 2 years.  Yesterday I had great success with 400 mg of GABA.  I felt that I was going to fall in the rabbit hole again.  Very frightened and unstable about nothing.  the GABA helped me immensely.  Thanks for listening.  elwahstilly

look on my profile for the benzo converter. I think you could stay on the clonazapam and liquid titrate off by using milk or water and reducing your dose by 1ml each time you cut.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi elwhastilly

I would not complicate things with a cross over to valium.

My suggestion is to titrate the .5mgK over a 3-4 month period.

Titration will allow you to make much smaller cuts than dry cutting (any Benzo including valium).

Titration will allow you to make very small daily cuts vs larger bi weekly dry cuts and avoid the BODY SHOCK of dry cuts.

Titration will allow you to jump at a much smaller dose than dry cutting.

Valium Cross over is popular because it was promoted by Ashton (no mention by Ashton of titration) and helps to minimize interdose withdrawal of shorter half life benzos.

By taking multiple portions of your daily dose of K you can compensate for the shorter half life and avoid inter dose withdrawal.

Valium cross over takes additional time and can result increased depression and other symptoms you may not already have.

I say keep it simple and work with what you have.

If you decide to do titration just post a titration schedule request in the titration section of Benzo Buddies.

Hope this helps.

Teakettle