OMG do I have to go back to Xanax??

[wa...]

Klonopin makes me very tired and very depressed. I dont know if the switch was a good idea. And no matter how my doctor says that xanax has no antidepressant effects, my experience is so different.

How much can one person take? God please help me.  :'(

You aren't seriously thinking of switching back are you?  Many people here develop depression while on benzos or tapering off of them and find it disappears after they are off.  ARe you tapering off the klonopin now?  Could you update your signature to include how much xanax you were on, how much klonopin you switched to and the time frame and info about your taper, if you are tapering?  It might help people make more helpful suggestions.  :therethere:

Wow..

This would be a tough choice.....Xanax is one of the most difficult benzos to taper from because of it's short half life....Klonopin or Valium are more ideally suited to taper...

I realize you feel better on the Xanax.....but this might be a case of which will allow for a smoother withdrawal if your goal is to get off of the medication....

That is a really touch choice....to make.......good luck no matter which route you choose...

TC

• 4 weeks later...
It took about 3 weeks to stabilize/get used to klonopin after switching the regular Xanax. I'm sure glad i didnt switch back.

It took about 3 weeks to stabilize/get used to klonopin after switching the regular Xanax. I'm sure glad i didnt switch back.

Wantalife,

It is good to hear that you were able to stabilize. :)  I think in the long run...Klonopin's half life will be nicer to you than Xanax's shorter half life..as you continue to taper...

TC :)