Starting dose:             0.5mg ativan               0.5mg ativan

Stage 1:                    0.5mg ativan                0.25mg ativan

2.5 valium

Stage 2:                    0.25mg ativan             0.25mg ativan

2.5mg valium               2.5mg valium

Stage 3:                    0.25mg ativan             5mg valium

2.5mg valium

Stage 4:                    5mg valium                 5mg valium

Hope this works for you.. I hope someone can help me with mine.. Like I said I just cannot focus lately..Good luck!! Let me know how it is going ok..

does this look ok ?

Starting dose:             0.5mg ativan               0.5mg ativan

Stage 1:                    0.5mg ativan                0.25mg ativan

2.5 valium

Stage 2:                    0.25mg ativan             0.25mg ativan

2.5mg valium               2.5mg valium

Stage 3:                    0.25mg ativan             5mg valium

2.5mg valium

Stage 4:                    5mg valium                 5mg valium

I didn't use this method but your plan looks like it follows the Ashton protocol so hopefully will work well for you.  :)

• 2 months later...

as you can see from the first post I have always wanted to go this route...today I saw my pdoc and she thinks it's best for me to switch to Valium but of course her plan is too rapid. I would like someone to help me make a new plan for my .5mg this is something I need to try and do, I can't take the interdose anymore, my hands are shaking between doses and it's making me very scared as to what I have become. I know it won't be easy to cross over and tapper off but I need to try this...

.5mg Ativan c/o to 5mg Valium

thank you friends

sundazed

Sun

I am all behind u on this. Sounds like a good plan and one that u are comfortable with .

I am happy your doctor is supporting you and I think it will be a success .

I think you are on the right track to get yourself out of the Ativan trap

You will do it .

Tino

thank you tino, I kinda feel like I am abandoning you and M... I don't know how you two keep cutting those terrible Ativans.

I feel like I chickened out a little since Beeper did it and so many other did it, I couldn't.

sun

Sun 

If i would have the chance to do it differently trust me I would have , I am not sure if I will be able to finish in one piece , is a very very rough road I am taking and I might have to consider what your are doing if it comes to that , I am still hoping I can continue on this way ,but like you say is not the easiest one. You are not chicken out , you are doing it in the advised matter , so nothing wrong with that .

I will be entering a crucial part starting this week . I am curious to see how far I get .

Tino

Hi Sun,

I think that you are on the right track.  I think you are smart to do this.  Ativan is a very tough one b/c of the short half life.  V will be alot more comfortable I'm sure.

Go for it buddy!

I am going to follow the chart above  but modified for my dose.

I will be glad to get the ativan out of me

very glad.

Hi Sundazed

Welcome to the V Posse!  I can relate to wanting to feel some relief from the interdose withdrawal.  I was trying to stabilize on xanax and made the switch to V.  I have to say I felt quite sedated for a few weeks but it was a welcomed relief from all the shakiness...  As soon as my liver kicked in the sedation passed and I was good to go..  The eqiv. chart is a guide however I was also advised to transfer to a dose where you find you are a bit sedated.  Thats supposed to be the "sweet spot".

I made the choice to use liquid V along with pills in order to make small daily cuts as opposed to larger cuts.  As I got lower in dose I made the switch to all liquid.  Let me know if you are interested in liquid and I can give you all the info on what liquid I use etc. I really like it I just pull out my daily dose squirt it into my mouth and am good to go...

Good wished for a smooth crossover!

Mimi

One more thing...For my crossover I was advised to dose 3 times a day to help with the interdose w/d due to the slow build up of valium and short acting ativan (in my case xanax).  Once I got stable on the V I then went to dosing twice a day.  I know you aren't crazy about the idea but just wanted to mention it in case this becomes an issue.   You could divide your current ativan dose into thirds and replace each with equivalent valium dose.

I was SOOO scared but I crossed over really easy...  In fact I felt MUCH better.

Thanks Mimi I will figure out a plan.

I am really hoping I can dose once a day when I am on the Valium.

thank you for helping me.

sundazed