Corey Haim RIP

[Be...]

I dont know if anyone else knew that Corey Haim had a severe battle with benzodiazepianes & other prescription drugs for a very long time.I felt pretty sad when I heard about his death yesterday, he seemed to be making a comeback in film & was trying straighten his life out. I hope people are starting to realize the severity of this problem & that legal prescription drugs can be just as bad or worse as illegal drugs.Corey Haim was really great as a young kid actor & still seemed to have alot of charisma....I'm sorry he didnt get thngs quite back on track.Way too many young stars are dying because of presecription drugs, its just another young life gone way to soon,I feel so bad for his family & friends.RIP COREY!

Heres a link where it talks of him taking up to 85 valium a day, theres many others like this!

http://www.examiner.com/x-29705-Houston-TV-Examiner~y2010m3d11-Corey-Haims-body-found-with-Valium-Vicodin-plus-two-other-meds

Hello,

I agree especially with the way tolerance withdrawal happens-and yet that anxiety wont go away (at least in my case)  He battled illicit drugs and then became a prescription addict. Often people switch from one drug to another class of drugs.

He was being considered for a new role recently (so I heard), and yet his inner turmoil,battle lead to a lethal overdose.  It does not matter if "accidental" or not, or even if your tolerance is sky high, you will eventually reach a lethal level.

I pay my respects to him.

Mary

memory of Eddie Dorsett

• 4 weeks later...

LOS ANGELES - Actor Corey Haim employed "doctor shopping" to obtain 553 prescription pills in the two months before his death, California Attorney General Jerry Brown said Tuesday.

Haim obtained the meds, which included Valium, Vicodin, Xanax and Soma, through seven different doctors and seven pharmacies, Brown said, and he used an alias on at least one occasion.

Brown said it did not appear the doctors knew Haim was obtaining prescriptions through multiple sources. He said investigators verified Haim filled the prescriptions this year, but have also found that thousands of pills were obtained in Haim's name before then. 

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36196444/ns/entertainment-celebrities/

• 4 weeks later...
Corey Haim died of fluid in his lungs. He had a fever and was exhibiting signs of the "flu" and was short of breath the night before... As in the case with Brittany Murphy who was also using prescription drugs before her death ...one of them for both people, being benzo's. It was reported that in the two weeks prior to death, while trying to get sober Corey was pulled off his prescription pain meds and benzo's and had them abruptly replaced with antidepressants and other meds. The Dr on the program that was reporting the whole story believed that it was this abrupt withdrawal from very high doses of these drugs completely contributed to his death and from what I know now I would strongly agree.