Role Models

[ga...]

Finally got to see the movie "Role Models" last weekend and noticed they had a few jokes about Ambien and Lunesta:

1) Main character said he wanted to take Ambien, so he could "stay up all night" with a lady friend. The next morning, he ends up face down without clothes near the fire pit.

2) Another main character gets introduced as "Lunesta". The other characters then say "Hail Lunesta". After which, one character says "Isn't that a sleeping pill ?"

While it was lighthearted humor, I couldn't help but feel how unaware the film writers were of the hell users of these sleeping pills have to endure (especially to get off them).  In my case, Ambien nearly drove me crazy had I not forced myself off of it.  :crazy:

George

While it was lighthearted humor, it couldn't help but feel how unaware the film writers were of the hell users of these sleeping pills have to endure (especially to get off them).

George

Hi George,

Considering Heath Ledger, you'd think they would be a little more sensitive.   :(

Even in the very early days of American Idol this year, they panned through

a huge group of hopefuls waiting to audition. Everyone was tense... then I heard

a voice cut through the din saying 'Anyone have an Ambien?' followed by

laughter from those nearby. Seriously sad I thought.  :(

Unfortunately, insomnia is no laughing matter when you're suffering through it. Prescription sleeping pills only make things worse.