RIP, Mr Downes-Grainger

[Co...]

It is with deep regret that I announce that Colin Downes-Grainger died suddenly a couple of days ago. Colin, and his wife, Christine, were two of the first people I met online while in my post benzo-withdrawal haze - they were always so kind and supportive. Colin started up his own website about the issues surrounding the prescribing of benzodiazepines and other psychoactive medicines, and made very many important representations to Government. Last year, he moved his website operations to Ray Nimmo's website, where you can read can most of Colin's most important documents.

Most of our present members probably do not know Colin & Christine Downes-Grainger, but most of us that were around 5+ years ago will know Colin. He will be very sadly missed.

RIP, Colin.

My heart skipped a couple of beats when I saw this thread and then realized you posted it so you are not the Colin that died.  :o (Most members don't know your last name, you know.  ;)

It sounds like he was kind of a mentor and role-model for you, our Colin, and I am sorry for the loss of your friend. The world is better because he lived and that is not true of everyone.

My heart skipped a couple of beats when I saw this thread and then realized you posted it so you are not the Colin that died.  :o (Most members don't know your last name, you know.  ;)

Mine skipped a beat too!

I'm very sorry for the loss of your friend.

Hi,

The truth is that I lost touch with Colin & Christine a long time back, but I exchanged some messages with Ray Nimmo a few weeks ago, and he (Ray) passed along my regards for me. I was intending to contact Colin soon, but I left it too late. Colin was a good human being.

I"m sorry Col.

When I first came here more than two years ago, I thought the two Colins were one and the same! So I have a soft spot for CDG.  :(

SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR FRIEND, HE SOUNDS LIKE HE WAS A WONDERFUL MAN, WHO WORKED VERY HARD TO BRING BENZO'S TO THE ATTENTION OF THE GOVERMENT , MAY HE RIP I AM SURE HE WILL BE SADLY MISSED BY ALL THAT KNEW HIM