Question regarding K taper

[Am...]

Hi!

I've found that a .125mg cut is too much for me, so I just read someone suggested I could just crush the 1/4 of a tablet, split it in two halves (how do you get that even?) and eat that?

My "dream" would be a crossover to  Valium or Liquid Valium (though I've heard Liquid Valium is just for the IV?)

Any info on that would be muchos appreciated.

Hi Amber,

You can do it just as you read, you just mix it up and drink half.  It's not as precise as using the cylinder and drawing off exact amounts but you an use measuring cups to make it as accurate as possible.

Why do you want to cross to Valium when you have so little to taper?

Because I since I've had an adverse reaction to the antibiotic Cipro, which messed me up pretty good and is the reason I'm on Benzos now.

I've found my system is hyper sensitive now and I get sedated even by .250mg of Klonopin and when I try to cut by .125mg its hellish...

:(

Because I since I've had an adverse reaction to the antibiotic Cipro, which messed me up pretty good and is the reason I'm on Benzos now.

I've found my system is hyper sensitive now and I get sedated even by .250mg of Klonopin and when I try to cut by .125mg its hellish...

Amber, we've had many people who tried to cross over to valium and became ultra-sedated and/or depressed, they had to go back to their original benzo.  At your low dose, I don't think a crossover is worth the risk myself.  As I understand it, the liquid valium can be mixed up to whatever strength you want and you would take it orally.  Of course, you'd still need a prescription for the valium.

Amber, we've had many people who tried to cross over to valium and became ultra-sedated and/or depressed, they had to go back to their original benzo.  At your low dose, I don't think a crossover is worth the risk myself.  As I understand it, the liquid valium can be mixed up to whatever strength you want and you would take it orally.  Of course, you'd still need a prescription for the valium.

Wow thats a bit surprising since its recommended in the Ashton manual...so am I stuck now with the .125mg taper that I perceive as too rough for me...

titration is out of the question for me right now...

arrrgs

Sure crossover to valium is mentioned in the Ashton Manual but I don't think it can be regarded as a recommendation.  It works for some people, others have difficulty with it.  I chose not to go down that route, didn't want to confuse my body any more.  It can be hard to calculate the correct dose of valium to mirror the current dose of K.  Dry cutting isn't a precise science, it is guess work when you're cutting up little pills, but it is doable.

Amber:

I saw that you were on Cipro.  I've seen over and over again how so many people developed the anxiety and depression once they were on an anti-biotic.  The same happened to me, and I am ultra-sensitive to everything under the sun - vitamins, herbs, all types of supplements, meds..... you name it.  I think the anti-biotics must compromise our intestinal tract and all of the good stuff we are supposed to have, including the neurotransmitters that are in our gut (supposedly we have more neuros in our gut than in our brain).  It stands to reason we would get messed up by these meds. 

I do hope you are able to taper the rest of the way without going through hell.  Keep persevering, dear.

Jan