Want to change taper from Diazepam and taper from Bromazepam

[Li...]

I am having horrible depressions since I did an abrupt cross-over from Bromazepam to Diazepam. The depressions I am having as s/x from Diazepam are horrible and I cant cope with them anymore. I want to change back to Bromazepam and taper from this as they do not have s/x of depression. I did a withdrawal from them in hospital in June and it was easy. I was off - without horrible w/d symtoms - in 15 days.

The dosis of Bromazepam I took was 6 - 12 mg daily. The tabs were 6 mg which can be divided into 1.5 mgs.

How could I taper if I can only split the tabs into 1.5 mg?

P.S. I must also say I cannot find a doctor who is not giving me a horrible time getting presriptions. I am very demoralized and so very tired from all the battles. I am almost at the point of just giving up. They all think I just want these prescription to get "high" and dont trust me. I am hitting walls.  :'(

Hello,

How can I cross-over from 9 mg liquid Diazepam to 6 mg Bromazepam tabs? I have bad experiences doing an abrupt cross-over. Would very much appreciate help with a plan . Thank you,

:) Lizzie

Hello,

How can I cross-over from 9 mg liquid Diazepam to 6 mg Bromazepam tabs? I have bad experiences doing an abrupt cross-over. Would very much appreciate help with a plan . Thank you,

:) Lizzie

Hi lIzzie,

do it in at least 4 steps, waiting a few days between each one. Replace 2mg diazapam with 1.5mg brmazepam a day, and hold for a few days. Bromazepam has a shorter half life, so it will enter your system quicker than valium. But it also leaves faster, so you would be better off taking it two or three times a day. As you cross over, try to divide up your bromazepam doses over the day, if you aren't already doing that with diazepam.

You aren't alone in being sensitive to valium. Many members, including myself, find diazepam very depressing.