Benzos and Driving

[...]

I wanted to chime in here...I found that I was speeding, and I'm not a fast driver.  My husband bought it to my attention one day when I had picked him up from a friends.  To me it did not feel as if I was speeding.  What I believe was going on with me was that I was anxious to get where I was going because I didn't want symptoms to flare up while I was driving or to have symptoms flare up while stuck in rush hour traffic...does that make sense?  At any rate, I have since been watching my speed, and I make it a point to stay at 60mph on the highway. I am more conscious of my driving now, and the speeding has definitely stopped.  Can't be too careful on the roadway.

Be safe all...stay the course.

Coincidence but I just had an incidence of speeding the other day resulting in a speeding fine - my first for many, many years.  The reason (I now believe) I was about to drive down the road where my psychiatrist's office was.  I've been avoiding his street as I can sometimes see him sitting there in his little office and to me he is the cause of all the pain I've been through over the past two years.  On Wednesday, I had to drive down that street and as I was geting closer I could sense my anxiety increasing, and honestly did not realise I was over the limit.

I know I still have a huge amount of ill-feeling towards this man and I have to work through that.  Most of the time though he is just not in my life anymore, it just seems to build up when I get near his office.  Hopefully one day I will have the last laugh and be able to drive down that street again and not think of him.

Anyway back to using cruise control to control my speed again!!!

Sorry about the ticket LB.  Cruise control...why didn't I think of that...hope that the brain fog isn't coming back.