Microtapering? Here's a spreadsheet that should help dry or liquid taperers.

[15...]

[15...]

OK - this won't be too difficult.  You were taking 0.130.  Enter the new pill weight (0.178), then scan down the sheet until you find a dose of 0.130.  It will be further down the spreadsheet than the day you were on.  Just resume at that point (dose of 0.130) on the spreadsheet.  If you wish, you can re-set the start date until the correct day appears for your current (0.130) dose.

If you're interested in having the graph look right, it will take some additional tinkering.  If that's the case, let me know and I'll figure something out.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Le...]

• [...]

• [On...]

• [si...]

Top Posters In This Topic

OK - this won't be too difficult.  You were taking 0.130.  Enter the new pill weight (0.178), then scan down the sheet until you find a dose of 0.130.  It will be further down the spreadsheet than the day you were on.  Just resume at that point (dose of 0.130) on the spreadsheet.  If you wish, you can re-set the start date until the correct day appears for your current (0.130) dose.

If you're interested in having the graph look right, it will take some additional tinkering.  If that's the case, let me know and I'll figure something out.

I think I figured it out (maybe, I am brain dead and my sxs are pretty bad right now).  I kept the old spreadsheet with the prior numbers, weights, etc. I wanted to preserve the symptom rating chart and it's fluctuations, they definitely show a pattern which is interesting.

Then I started a new graph with today's date and the new whole pill weight .178.

The dose doesn't change, .388.

But the weight of the pill I am suppose to take now reads .138 (instead of .131) which makes sense, right, because the pill itself weighs more. So even though I appears I am taking more, I am not because the new pills weighs more. That's right, right?

If this is right, I am going to make darn well sure I check the new bottle's pill weight each time I get a refill and use a new graph each time the pill weight changes. It shouldn't matter, .138. vs .131, but I am so sensitive and I wish I wasn't.

Thank you for still being there for all of us who are still struggling. It means a lot to me.

[15...]
Yes - Today's dose (in mgs) shouldn't change, but the pill weight will.  So find where the dose of medicine is the same and see how much pill weight that now represents.

• 1 month later...
[15...]

can you post the password so I can unlock it and change some of the symptom rating names?

I sent you a PM with the password.  I don't want to post it in the main forum.

• 1 year later...

With all of the discussion/confusion about how to set up a daily micro taper, I thought that I'd try to create a MS Excel Spreadsheet that would do much of the calculations for you.  The form that I created looks like this...

http://aslc-nm.org/Universal_Tapering_Guide2.jpg

I think that the form is fairly self-explanatory.  Basically, a user simply enters a little info in the pink boxes (left of the Tapering Progress graph).  Each morning, the user would enter 10 values describing their withdrawal symptom intensity for that day.  Based on that rating, a small cut is suggested.  The worse you feel, the smaller the suggested cut.  The spreadsheet will calculate the amount that you either weigh out (based on the weight of an intact pill) or the amount of liquid that you take (based on how much liquid you dissolve your pill in). 

You can override the suggested cut by simply entering a number (0-6) in the blue box to the right of your daily ratings.

Most reductions are based on the standard Ashton exponential decay model of tapering.  The faster rates employ linear or hybrid taper models.  Unlike exponential decay models, the hybrid and linear models will actually reach zero without the need to jump.  The form will automatically generate two graphs - one shows your tapering progress; the other shows your 'healing' progress.

The form can be downloaded here:  http://aslc-nm.org/Universal_Tapering_Guide2.xlsm

Note that the form contains a macro.  The macro allows the graphs to be updated should you wish to change the proposed taper duration.  You'll have to allow the macro to run if you want to be able to change that parameter and have the graphs adjust accordingly. 

Hopefully, this will be of use to the community.  I'm happy to answer all questions you may have and support you in using the form.

Just discovered this and you are awesome! To go through all that work for us...thank you ☺️

• 3 months later...

I just discovered your spreadsheet this week and it looks like a great tool.  Thank you so much for making it available!

1) As someone else previously mentioned in the thread, I want to change some of the symptom names so that I don't have to refer to my "cheat sheet" of symptom substitute names.  Could you please PM me the password so that I can do this?

2) Also, several of the symptoms in the spreadsheet I have never experienced while tapering.  So those will always be a "10" (i.e. symptomless).  On the other hand, some symptoms I have are debilitating.  But even making those debilitating symptoms a "0", the "overall rating" is an 80 and thus the suggested taper continues.  I know that I can override the "suggested taper rate" to "0".  But I was wondering if there was anyway to adjust the weighting of the different symptoms so that when those particular symptoms act up, it will actually change the taper rate.

Thank you so much for your time and energy.

• 2 weeks later...

Genius badsocref! 

This plug-and-play spreadsheet paired with my brand new jeweler's scale are the perfect tools to help manage my dry cut microtapering plan!   

Although I'm only 11 days into my taper, I've found this has been working really well for me so far.  I appreciate being prompted to record daily symptoms which, if bad, will slow down the taper plus the ability for the user to override the rate to match comfort level.

Anyone looking for a calculation tool to help manage their taper should check out badsocref's spreadsheet.  :thumbsup:

Thank you for your generosity!!!  :smitten:

[15...]

I'm happy that you like the spreadsheet.

The symptom categories can be changed to suit your needs.  I don't think they're locked (correct me if I'm wrong).  If you only had to deal with (e.g.) 5 symptoms during your withdrawal, you could easily create a scoring system based on any number of symptoms.  Really, the only symptom rating that needs to be entered is for the first column.  Put a '90' in there, and you score 90 for the day (even if all of the other categories are blank).

Hi SS2 ~

Go to page 1 of this topic & download badsocref's spreadsheet from the link provided.

HTH,

sierra

Well Sierra:

My first day on this site and I’m already being a pain...

I don’t have a desktop or laptop, I have an iPad with Numbers on it. It’s like excel.

I can’t “double click” (I tried) and the place where it says to download the spreadsheet doesn’t work on my iPad apparently.

Any suggestions?

I really appreciate your help. I’m a bit iPad illiterate lol...

Thanks,

SS2

Hi SS2 ~

When I downloaded the spreadsheet, rather than automatically opening, it was saved to my downloads folder.  Did you look there? 

HTH,

sierra

[15...]
Just tinker around with the spreadsheet for a while.  See what it does.  Keep an unadulterated copy as a back-up.  Feel free to PM me and ask questions (I'm not on the site as often these days, so a PM is advised).

Hi Badsocref,

Thank you very much for your job!!! :thumbsup: I think your spreadsheet might be very a useful tool for many users.

I just checked the spreadsheet. Here are some observations that might be helpful:

For SHORT ACTING benzodiazepines such as Xanax, Ativan, etc. some users might need to add more than one pill to the initial solution... Anyway, if I add on your spreadsheet a higher quantity on "current dose" than on "dose in intact pill" I get a higher "amount to take" than the "initial liquid volume" I entered.  So it is either not specified the relationship between the "dose in intact pill" and the "initial liquid volume", or the relationship between the "current dose" and the "initial liquid volume"

I thought on two possible solutions to this one problem:

1-Either to specify that the user should add the same amount on "dose in intact pill" to the "initial liquid volume" and that in case the "current dose" is higher than the "dose in intact pill" the user would have to use two or more recipes and that each recipe would have to contain the same amount as the one entered on "dose in intact pill" in order to comprise the recommended dose of the day on "Amount to Take".

2-Or to add a box in which the user can specify the number of pills he/she will add to the "Initial Liquid Volume", and make the necessary equations to relate this quantity with the result on "Amount to Take".

Hope this is useful,  ;)

DKBEHMCKR

• 2 years later...
I'm a newbie that has been somewhat undecided between cut & hold and microtaper.  Should I choose the latter or even a combination of both, this spreadsheet is pure gold.  Thank you so much.

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...