Need help with Plan

[ro...]

Hi Rockstar,

When I got down to the levels that you're at in my taper, I would be okay for 3-4 days, and then WHOA, get hit with some new stuff.  It seemed to go in waves of 3-4 days, for some reason.  Probably to do with the half life and how long it takes to metabolize out of the body. 

Also, none of it was very predictable either.  Even the 3-4 days was not always a given.  Just depends. 

So,,,just keep it steady.  Good job, you're getting there! 

adelia

Hey thanks - After you were hit with the w/d after 3 to 4 days how long did it usually take for you to stabilize?  also what was the GI distress you suffered and how long did that last?

I think I am going to stick with .06 for another week then wither go to .03 or simply drop off, leaning for the drop off, and just suffer through it since it will hopefully be similiar to drop I did to get to .06.

Good point, Pam. It is important to remember this.

Whatever you decide to do, remember healing still takes place after you've taken your last dose.  ;)

Good point, Pam. It is important to remember this.

Whatever you decide to do, remember healing still takes place after you've taken your last dose.  ;)

Of course we all know that the word healing is code for pain, right?  Healed is healed though!  ;)

rock how you feeling at .06?  I jumped at .03 , but by that time I think it was just a formality, since I had been pretty much symptom free for 3 weeks prior.  I was lucky, but even  though I was symptom free I still took it down to the .o3 mark , so I wouldn't rock the boat.

thats what we mean when we say its not a race.  I dragged it out to give my body every chance of tapering off the drug , so slow and steady does it best. 

For you, If you are getting hit with symptoms,  hold for a few days , but no longer than that.  Its mostly a placebo now.  take the plunge, reduce to .o3 hold for 3 or 4 days, then throw those pills away. 

doesn't mean you will be symptom free by any means.  but now you will be on the benzo free side of the fence, and your brain will just have to learn to live with out the poison. 

Your almost there rock :thumbsup:

st.

Been at .06 for a week now, was going to hang here for one more week, and then move down to .03 for a week, and then drop off.

I am still having symptoms, uncomfortable but they are tolerable.  Like you said, I just want to give my body a chance to adjust.

Feel free to give additional suggestions.

Almost there.

[77...]

Been at .06 for a week now, was going to hang here for one more week, and then move down to .03 for a week, and then drop off.

I am still having symptoms, uncomfortable but they are tolerable.  Like you said, I just want to give my body a chance to adjust.

Feel free to give additional suggestions.

Almost there.

rockstar- you have done so awesome....will be here to celebrate with you when you are done.

Just Breathe

rock you still hanging at .06 , or did you jump down to .03.  If your at .03 , your really there in my opinion, by that I mean , time to close the door on the benzo monster.  JUMP>  by now your body is pretty much use to the fact that its not getting much in the way of a continueing dose. so nothing left to do but do it.

st.

Dropped to .03 last night.  Will stay here for the week and then jump off.  Feel a little shitty this AM so hoping just a few days of this.  Left eye twitch is totally gone yet right eye twitch started about a week or so ago.  Hope that, along with the eye floaters will pass.

Thanks for all your support.

[77...]

Dropped to .03 last night.  Will stay here for the week and then jump off.  Feel a little shitty this AM so hoping just a few days of this.  Left eye twitch is totally gone yet right eye twitch started about a week or so ago.  Hope that, along with the eye floaters will pass.

Thanks for all your support.

rockstar- you are still doing amazing...the eye twitches will go away....just give it some time ;)

Just Breathe

Rockstar, ST's analogy is right on the money. Hang in there.  I send you good thoughts! My w/d symptoms improved significantly at a certain point. You are so close my friend!

Anna

ok rock, you hit the .03 mark.  your ready to  cross over from the dark side.  Can't wait to visit your celebration thread.  I just want to add don't be concerned if after you jump and for a time thereafter , you experience some of the same symptoms you are having now, and maybe some new ones.  I consider myself 100percent healed, but truth be I have 2 symptoms that are hang ons, but I refuse to acknowledge them as due to benzo's.  Reason for that, is I keep telling myself the benzo's are out of my life and I won't let them hang around and ruin my post benzo time.  I blame the symptoms on side effects from the 2 antid's I take.  The side effects are dry mouth, and orthostatic hypotension, which is a slight  dizziness when I stand up after sitting for some time.  Anyway don't get discouraged if it takes time post benzo for you to feel yourself again.  For sure, as your body heals, more and more of the hidden you will surface, and everyday you can celebrate having beaten the benzo monster.

st.

OK - I just took what I hope to be my last dose of Lorazapam.  For the past three days I have been taking a smaller and smaller dose.  It has been a tough few days with some of the old symptoms and a few new ones and I imagine it will not be easy for the next few weeks.  I am ginving myself a week of this and then going full force with the natural route.  Wish me luck.  Again, thank you to all for your support during the past month. 

OK - I just took what I hope to be my last dose of Lorazapam.  For the past three days I have been taking a smaller and smaller dose.  It has been a tough few days with some of the old symptoms and a few new ones and I imagine it will not be easy for the next few weeks.  I am ginving myself a week of this and then going full force with the natural route.  Wish me luck.  Again, thank you to all for your support during the past month.   

Congrats on your benzo freedom!!  :yippee: :yippee: Wishing you speedy healing!! Here is a link to your celebration thread.... http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=15581.0