liquid valium taper

[6d...]

I read some older posts where people seemed to express general satisfaction with tapering with liquid valium.  I successfully have tapered from 2 mg klonopin per day to 1.5 mg of Valium, which is a much lower dosage (probably 1/10th).  But trying to go from 1.5 to 1.0 of valium with the pills gave me symptoms.

If anyone can share their experience with the liquid valium taper that would be most welcome.  Also, please let me know if you tapered every day or once a week and then whether you would hold it at a given level for a while. 

Also, I see that some people would combine the liquid with the pills.  I would think that if you have to cut the pills to get a portion of your dose (in my case, I would have to cut a 2 mg pill in half for 1 mg and then use the liquid to make up the difference) that even scored, the cut in the pill is not that precise and some gets shaved off etc, so that if one wanted to do a precise taper, one would need to get one's entire dose from the liquid.

Any advice or comments would be most welcome.

Hi Robert!

Are you talking about getting prescription liquid valium from a pharmacy, or doing a liquid 'titration' where you mix your pill with milk and remove tiny portions of it every day?  

Since 2mg valium is relatively low in potency, an imprecise cut would make a negligible difference. So if you wanted to take a half a pill (1mg) and  take the remainder of your dose in liquid form, that would be very accurate.

That said, you can take your whole dose in liquid form. It's your choice!

Here is a link to our titration method.  

http://www.benzobuddies.org/benzodiazepine-withdrawal-methods/titration

I was going to use liquid valium from the pharmacy -- is there any advantage to titration is I can get the liquid (my MD said he would write for the liquid and the pharmacy carries it).

I was going to use liquid valium from the pharmacy -- is there any advantage to titration is I can get the liquid (my MD said he would write for the liquid and the pharmacy carries it).

One advantage to water/milk titration vs. your pharmacy liquid is possibly the cost. One advantage for your pharmacy liquid is that it's already prepared so no crushing and mixing your own.  :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

I know this thread is old but isnt liquid valium for IV use only?

There is a liquid Valium available instead of pills. A doctor can prescribe it for you that way.  :thumbsup:

I know this thread is old but isnt liquid valium for IV use only?

There is a liquid Valium available instead of pills. A doctor can prescribe it for you that way.  :thumbsup:

a doctor that I would need to find first

;)