HELP! emergency

[7s...]

ok long story short...i did a xanax to klonopin crossover and tapered WAY TOO FAST. i'm looking to stabilise at .5mg klonopin twice a day and want to know how i should dry cut, i dont want to get into titration but i want to dry cut as slowly as it takes. any suggestions ? i see my dr in 2 hours

You can dry cut by 0.125mg by cutting your pill in quarters. It's near impossible to cut any smaller, but another option is to crush a quarter, split it in two piles, and eat one by licking it up with a finger. Weird I know, but effective.

Or you can do a very simple 'liquid titration' by mixing that quarter with a cup of milk and drinking half, saving the other half for the next day. These two methods will allow you to reduce by .0625mg, or 1/16th of a mg.

As for the rate, you can cut every week or two, or longer if needed, but usually longer isn't necessarily of much benefit.  

Hope this helps!

thanks so much eljay. i tried to do a rapid taper over 2 weeks and totally hit rock bottom. my dr agreed to reinstate and do a 6 week long taper. she wants me to do .5 klonopin twice daily for 2 weeks, followed by .25 twice daily for 2 weeks followed my .125 twice daily for 2 weeks and then drop off. i'm really bad at math and not sure how many pills this would be, but she prescribed the .5 pills. does this seem like a good taper or do you think i should change it up a little? should i cut faster but into lower doses (like every week?) or do you think this is a good plan? thanks so much i don't want to mess it up this time.

thanks so much eljay. i tried to do a rapid taper over 2 weeks and totally hit rock bottom. my dr agreed to reinstate and do a 6 week long taper. she wants me to do .5 klonopin twice daily for 2 weeks, followed by .25 twice daily for 2 weeks followed my .125 twice daily for 2 weeks and then drop off. i'm really bad at math and not sure how many pills this would be, but she prescribed the .5 pills. does this seem like a good taper or do you think i should change it up a little? should i cut faster but into lower doses (like every week?) or do you think this is a good plan? thanks so much i don't want to mess it up this time.

Your doctor is still advocating a pretty rapid taper. Going from .50mg twice a day down to .25mg twice a day is a 50% cut. We recommend cutting 10% every week or two. Is your doctor willing to give you refills and do a slower taper??

If not, you may want to consider cutting 1/4 (.125mg) of your .50mg every week, even that kind of reduction would take you about 7-8 weeks and that is still considered pretty fast. Most people cut 1/4 (.125mg) of their .50mg tablet every two weeks.