when to stop klonopin?

[7s...]

i'm on .25 twice a day. my next cut will be .125 twice a day. do most people jump off after that point?

It would be better if you cut .125mg off one of your doses, hold for a week or two, then cut the other dose to .125mg and so on. If jumping off at .125mg is too much, you can crush the piece into a powder, mix it with 1/2 cup of milk, drink half of that and save the other half for the next day and hold there for another week or two.

thank you. i have 14 .5mg klonopin pills to work with so i'm trying to figure out a schedule. i've been taking .25 twice a day since the 5th but i'm not ready to cut yet.

thank you. i have 14 .5mg klonopin pills to work with so i'm trying to figure out a schedule. i've been taking .25 twice a day since the 5th but i'm not ready to cut yet.

You already know your taper is quite fast. I would recommend slowing it down if at all possible.

Many people jump off at .125mg; I did, though I wasn't on klonopin.  I did read your other thread but don't quite grasp if you have only a few klonopin to work with and that is the reason for the rapid taper. If you want more input, let us know how many tablets you have and what strength they are (.5mg?), and we can suggest a schedule if you want.

beeper - i have exactly 10 and a half .5mg pills of klonopin. you can see my taper so far in my signature. a taper plan would be great if you guys could help me. i'm currently down to .25 twice a day.

beeper - i have exactly 10 and a half .5mg pills of klonopin. you can see my taper so far in my signature. a taper plan would be great if you guys could help me. i'm currently down to .25 twice a day.

Okay, 717.  It's late and my pc's been crashing so I will take a look at this tomorrow.  I found that having a plan helped me psychologically and I hope it will do the same for you.  :thumbsup:

Okay, here you go.  You can consider tomorrow as Day 1 and should still have enough pills to last about 3 weeks.  Of course, if you consider today as Day 1, you will have another pill or so you can use to fill in or extend some of the other days.  I did assume you used a .5mg tablet for today and just started with a supply of 10 pills.

There is nothing "magic" about this schedule but it should ensure that you are on .125mg at least a week before jumping off.  Many members (but certainly not all), find the last little bit can be kind of rough so I stretched it out a little bit at the end.  If any of this isn't clear or you have any questions, just ask.  That's what we're here for.f  :thumbsup:

Rapid klono taper plan for 7seventeen

Start dose: .5mg/day taken as .25mg 2x/day

Start supply: 10- .5mg tablets

Days 1-3: .25 2x/day Pills used:=3 Pills left = 7

Days 4-7: .125mg +.25mg/ day Used: 3 Pills left = 4

Days 8-11 .125mg 2x/day Used: 2 Pills left = 2

Days 12– : .125mg/day