New Ambien Commercial

[la...]

I notice there's a change in the Ambien television commercials.  Anybody know what caused the addition of the purple text below?

The reassuring voice now cautions us, "...safe to take for as long as your health care provider recommends, do not take with alcohol, side effects may include dizziness, headache, hallucinations, depression, suicidality, rare but fatal allergic reactions...."

I notice there's a change in the Ambien television commercials.  Anybody know what caused the addition of the purple text below?

The reassuring voice now cautions us, "...safe to take for as long as your health care provider recommends, do not take with alcohol, side effects may include dizziness, headache, hallucinations, depression, suicidality, rare but fatal allergic reactions...."

From August to December of 2008 I considered one of these side effects.  I researched, planned, plotted and prepared.  THIS IS NOT NOR EVER HAS BEEN ME.

I give full credit for these thoughts to Ambien.  Since stopping Ambien on December 9, 2008 it has not even crossed my mind.  I'm here, I'm happy and healthy and I owe it all to exorcising Ambien from my life.

I don't know what caused the manufacturers to add the new warning but I can personally vouch for their validity.

I notice there's a change in the Ambien television commercials.  Anybody know what caused the addition of the purple text below?

I've never taken Ambien before, but I did have a boyfriend years ago who did. The first time, he took one, then fell asleep, and then after a few hours, I got a phone call from him. He sounded normal, (for him) and during this call he was eating something out of what sounded like a can. I could hear the sound of a spoon scraping the insides of the can, and him chewing as he was talking. He even mentioned waking up really hungry and going into the kitchen to find something to eat.

The problem was, he was NOT awake.  :o  When I told him that he had called me and carried on a full conversation with me in the middle of the night, he was in shock. He had no memory of it whatsoever. He insisted he slept through the night. I then told him that he had better check his trash cans, because he had also definitely been eating something when he called me, and when I mentioned that, he just said: "Oh my dear God" - because he NEVER kept food in his house. He ate out all the time, and seriously never kept one edible thing in his house. I told him: "You better do a thorough search of your house and especially all your trash cans, because you were definitely eating something and GOD ONLY KNOWS WHAT IT WAS!"

He made the mistake of taking Ambien again on another night, and sure enough, around 3:00 a.m., I get another phone call from him. THIS time he's talking about the cats on the stairs. The problem with that, was that there WERE no cats.

He tried Ambien a third time, this time taking it while I was there.  He then went to bed, while I sat in the other room and watched TV. Hours later, he gets up, and he's walking around and talking to me. I went up to him and looked him in the eyes and spoke to him, and he answered...but I realized he was totally ASLEEP. He was sleepwalking.  :o

I told him he should NOT be taking that drug, especially when he had his little boy over, because what was to stop him from getting up, and in his sleep, taking his son with him while he DROVE somewhere in his car, to a store or through a drive-thru, for example?! He wisely decided never to take that drug again.

I'm not saying everyone would have this reaction, but I did read that it was considered a "hypnotic" drug. And I saw that with my own eyes. It was scary.  :o

And we never did figure out what the heck he had been eating that time he called me after taking the drug!  :sick:

And we never did figure out what the heck he had been eating that time he called me after taking the drug!  :sick:

That kind of behavior is very common.  I don't know *what percentage* of users experience that, but I know that I can go to any party and raise the subject of Ambien sleepwalking, and there is at least one person who can chime in with a story.

As for myself, I glued lettuce to the walls and drank water from the fish tank.

• 2 weeks later...

well guys Ambien isn't good enough now there is Ambien CR and heaven help everyone taking their little sleeping pill..

My sister and my mother are both taking it and loving it and won't give it up. I have made all the info available and to no avail even though they know what I am going through

they just want their little sleeping pill and don not see the danger.

I just cannot get through to them. How many friends and family do we have with similiar stories.

Ambien is the next Zanax

I notice there's a change in the Ambien television commercials.  Anybody know what caused the addition of the purple text below?

I've never taken Ambien before, but I did have a boyfriend years ago who did. The first time, he took one, then fell asleep, and then after a few hours, I got a phone call from him. He sounded normal, (for him) and during this call he was eating something out of what sounded like a can. I could hear the sound of a spoon scraping the insides of the can, and him chewing as he was talking. He even mentioned waking up really hungry and going into the kitchen to find something to eat.

The problem was, he was NOT awake.  :o  When I told him that he had called me and carried on a full conversation with me in the middle of the night, he was in shock. He had no memory of it whatsoever. He insisted he slept through the night. I then told him that he had better check his trash cans, because he had also definitely been eating something when he called me, and when I mentioned that, he just said: "Oh my dear God" - because he NEVER kept food in his house. He ate out all the time, and seriously never kept one edible thing in his house. I told him: "You better do a thorough search of your house and especially all your trash cans, because you were definitely eating something and GOD ONLY KNOWS WHAT IT WAS!"

He made the mistake of taking Ambien again on another night, and sure enough, around 3:00 a.m., I get another phone call from him. THIS time he's talking about the cats on the stairs. The problem with that, was that there WERE no cats.

He tried Ambien a third time, this time taking it while I was there.  He then went to bed, while I sat in the other room and watched TV. Hours later, he gets up, and he's walking around and talking to me. I went up to him and looked him in the eyes and spoke to him, and he answered...but I realized he was totally ASLEEP. He was sleepwalking.  :o

I told him he should NOT be taking that drug, especially when he had his little boy over, because what was to stop him from getting up, and in his sleep, taking his son with him while he DROVE somewhere in his car, to a store or through a drive-thru, for example?! He wisely decided never to take that drug again.

I'm not saying everyone would have this reaction, but I did read that it was considered a "hypnotic" drug. And I saw that with my own eyes. It was scary.  :o

A friend of mine took this drug once and ended up in a mental ward.  He drove to work and had a wreck on the way, exchanged all necessary information with the other driver and continued on his way.  Arrived at work and worked a few hours when his boss thought he wasn't acting "just right" and sent him home.  He went to his friends house and thought it was his, at some point the cops had to be called because his behavior was so bizarre and he ended up in the mental ward.  He can't remember any of it.  All of this was/is totally out of character for this guy.  He laughs about it now but he's never taken another Ambien.  ::)

That kind of behavior is very common.  I don't know *what percentage* of users experience that, but I know that I can go to any party and raise the subject of Ambien sleepwalking, and there is at least one person who can chime in with a story.

No, tell me it ain't so!  Lettuce?  But the doctors told me that it would not make me do anything I wouldn't normally do.  (Joking, but serious)  I raised the question to them after I thought my furniture had been stolen while I'd slept.  I apparently had rearranged it and move some stuff down into the basement, by myself.  I think it is one dangerous drug.  I hope it gets pulled from the market. 

• 4 weeks later...

I caught the lettuce story, but I DID NOT catch the story of drinking water from the fish tank!    :2funny: :2funny:

Interesting drug for sure....