Hello...going through Librium withdrawl...

[pu...]

Hi, it's WONDERFUL that there's these support boards!  It's also nice to "meet" all of you on here!  :)  I've been going through withdrawl from Librium since the middle of January.  I was on Limbitrol which has Librium in it and was on it for panic disorder for 8-9 years (I was put on it in either 2000 or 2001).  I was put on Zoloft before I started the tapering process and am very thankful as Zoloft worked great for me before PLUS there's NO withdrawls to deal with!  :)  These past few months have been HELL in a lot of ways.  I've NEVER experienced ANYTHING like these withdrawls!  This past weekend they intensified for some reason.  It was the same with what I call the "1st round".  Those started within 2 weeks of me going off it completely.  Some days you feel a LOT better than others.  Other days you feel worse and I'm still having symptoms from the 1st round.  Again, I'm very thankful for these support boards!  Also for the other websites about withdrawl as they're really calmed me when the symptoms start up, etc.  I look forward to participating on this board.  Take care all. 

Hi welcome

How did you taper? How long did it take and how long have you been off? You will def feel better it just takes time

Hi welcome

How did you taper? How long did it take and how long have you been off? You will def feel better it just takes time

I was taken off over a 2 week period.  I'd started out on 2 pills per day and at the end was on 1 per day.  I was very thankful that I'd gotten better over the years.  I felt GREAT UNTIL over a week later.  THEN what I call the "1st round" came.  I started what I call the "2nd round" in April.  I've been off completely since the middle of January.  I've done this with a full bottle of the Limbitrol in my place.  I was VERY tempted to go back during the "1st round", but realized if I did I'd be back to square 1 and have to go through this again.  NEVER!  1 reason I've kept the bottle is to prove to myself I can do this no matter what's around me, etc.  This whole thing has been unlike anything else I've experience healthwise!  But, I'm getting there and will make it!  As hard as it is, I'll make it through!  Thanks for your support.  Take care. 

Hi, it's WONDERFUL that there's these support boards!  It's also nice to "meet" all of you on here!   :)  I've been going through withdrawl from Librium since the middle of January.  I was on Limbitrol which has Librium in it and was on it for panic disorder for 8-9 years (I was put on it in either 2000 or 2001).  I was put on Zoloft before I started the tapering process and am very thankful as Zoloft worked great for me before PLUS there's NO withdrawls to deal with!   :)  These past few months have been HELL in a lot of ways.  I've NEVER experienced ANYTHING like these withdrawls!  This past weekend they intensified for some reason.  It was the same with what I call the "1st round".  Those started within 2 weeks of me going off it completely.  Some days you feel a LOT better than others.  Other days you feel worse and I'm still having symptoms from the 1st round.  Again, I'm very thankful for these support boards!  Also for the other websites about withdrawl as they're really calmed me when the symptoms start up, etc.  I look forward to participating on this board.  Take care all. 

Welcome to BenzoBuddies, pumpkinette.  ;D

I think you have been lucky not to feel much worse since you were hardly tapered off at all.  You've also been lucky that the Zoloft helped; others have tried it and felt worse.  It's kind of "luck of the draw" with benzo withdrawal.  You seem to have the right attitude for a successful recovery, just riding out those symptoms when they come and noticing when you feel better.  You're bound to feel better for longer periods of time from here on out.  Thanks for sharing your story.

Hi pumpkinette,

We all go through these "rounds".  We never know what is around the corner but we do know that forging on is our quest.  Keep up that positive outlook and soon you will be healed.

Patty  xo

I was put on Zoloft before I started the tapering process and am very thankful as Zoloft worked great for me before PLUS there's NO withdrawls to deal with! 

Just wanted to put in a word of caution about the need to consider tapering off Zoloft and other anti-depressants, too. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, it's WONDERFUL that there's these support boards!  It's also nice to "meet" all of you on here!   :)  I've been going through withdrawl from Librium since the middle of January.  I was on Limbitrol which has Librium in it and was on it for panic disorder for 8-9 years (I was put on it in either 2000 or 2001).  I was put on Zoloft before I started the tapering process and am very thankful as Zoloft worked great for me before PLUS there's NO withdrawls to deal with!   :)  These past few months have been HELL in a lot of ways.  I've NEVER experienced ANYTHING like these withdrawls!  This past weekend they intensified for some reason.  It was the same with what I call the "1st round".  Those started within 2 weeks of me going off it completely.  Some days you feel a LOT better than others.  Other days you feel worse and I'm still having symptoms from the 1st round.  Again, I'm very thankful for these support boards!  Also for the other websites about withdrawl as they're really calmed me when the symptoms start up, etc.  I look forward to participating on this board.  Take care all. 

Welcome to BenzoBuddies, pumpkinette.  ;D

I think you have been lucky not to feel much worse since you were hardly tapered off at all.  You've also been lucky that the Zoloft helped; others have tried it and felt worse.  It's kind of "luck of the draw" with benzo withdrawal.  You seem to have the right attitude for a successful recovery, just riding out those symptoms when they come and noticing when you feel better.  You're bound to feel better for longer periods of time from here on out.  Thanks for sharing your story.

Dear Beeper, thanks for your kind words.  You'll get a big laugh out of this: my medical doctor said: you shouldn't have ANY problems at all going off this!  RIGHT!  To be honest, I thought I was "home free" a week after going off, but right after that the withdrawls started.  I think the "1st round" was the worst.  The insomnia was horrible and it was so hard to go to work like that.  I WISH SO MUCH I could take leave, but literally can't afford it.  It's 1 reason I've taken several days off in the past few months.  As scared as I've been at times, I haven't given up.  I've done this with a full bottle of Limbitrol in my place.  1 reason I haven't gotten rid of it is to prove I can do this no matter what's around me and/or what's going on I can do this!  I was so tempted to take just 1 in the 1st few weeks, but a big reason I didn't is because I knew I'd have to go through this heall all over again.  Yes, Zoloft has worked great for me.  I also have post-traumatic stress disorder and was on Zoloft years ago for it.  It worked fantastic for me and is doing the same now.  Thanks again for your kind words. 

Hi pumpkinette,

We all go through these "rounds".  We never know what is around the corner but we do know that forging on is our quest.  Keep up that positive outlook and soon you will be healed.

Patty  xo

Dear Patty, thanks for your kind words.  My withdrawls so far have been in what I call "rounds", which means new symptoms that start up every few months while others either go away completely or die down some.  I have some that have been there since the beginning.  What's SO FRUSTRATING is you do so well, then you have a day when everything hits hard!  >:(  You can't even figure out WHY this happens, but thanks to this board and other websites, I've learned that's how this process is.  Thanks again. 

I was put on Zoloft before I started the tapering process and am very thankful as Zoloft worked great for me before PLUS there's NO withdrawls to deal with! 

Just wanted to put in a word of caution about the need to consider tapering off Zoloft and other anti-depressants, too. 

Dear hawkeye, thanks for your kind words.  I don't know when I'll be getting off the Zoloft, but hope to 1 day!  My goal is to be OFF ALL my medications, which include some for physical health problems.  Besides panic disorder, I have post-traumatic stress disorder and was put on Zoloft years ago for it.  It's embarrassing to admit this, but I'd go off it on the weekends in order to drink.  I'm a recovering alcoholic who will have 10 years sober this October.  The Zoloft did do me a lot of good back then, but know now it didn't do it's full good due to me going off it on the weekends.  But, yes, I hope to 1 day be off Zoloft.  The PTSD is hugely better, but there's still some symptoms there since there's no cure.  But, even though there's no cure, I'll never give up hope that I can be medication free 1 day!  I'm proud of how I've handled the Limbitrol withdrawls so far (so is my medical doctor) so know that the day I'm well enough to go off Zoloft I can do the same.  Thanks again for your kind words. 

Hi

How long did you taper off the librium? Did you go slow?

I was on only 1 pill when the time came to go off it.  I'd started out in 2000 or 2001 (I don't remember exactly which year I was diagnosed with panic disorder, but it was 1 of these 2 years) on 2 pills and over the years got better enough to go down to 1.  I was take off it a quarter of a pill at a time over 2 weeks.