Help with a taper plan to show my Psychiatrist

[Ja...]

My story is in the General section with another post in the same post. For General purposes, could you all give me a guide line taper plan for both 10 milligram and 5 milligram Valium tapers. Both right down to the end. I am going to do the 5 milligram taper but it is possible the Psychiatrist might want to see a 10 also as the VA Drs. have giving them my records. I am going to the Psych. next Tuesday. I have gone down pretty quickly on the Valium and reinstated on 5 mills yesterday. Thank you so much for your help.                                                          Jay Dean

My story is in the General section with another post in the same post. For General purposes, could you all give me a guide line taper plan for both 10 milligram and 5 milligram Valium tapers. Both right down to the end. I am going to do the 5 milligram taper but it is possible the Psychiatrist might want to see a 10 also as the VA Drs. have giving them my records. I am going to the Psych. next Tuesday. I have gone down pretty quickly on the Valium and reinstated on 5 mills yesterday. Thank you so much for your help.                                                           Jay Dean

Hi JayDean,

It is best to acquire the 2mg pills. Starting with 10mg per day, you would cut 1mg (10%) every week or two until you get down to about 6mg and then you can cut by .50mg (1/4 of 2mg) every week or two. If you start at 5mg, just cut .50mg every week or two.

T2 :smitten:

Theresa

Thank You for the reply. It seems like a good and slow plan to me. I think the (every twoooooooo weeks makes me feel a little more comfortable) I will write it up. Have a great day.                  JayDean