Alprazolam taper

[li...]

I am taking my second taper today of 0.125.  My schedule will be as follows: 0.5 am, 0.375 at noon, 0.25 at 5:00pm and 0.5 at bedtime. I am having anxiety over the thought of it.  GRRRRRRRRRRRR hate this anxious feeling!  :tickedoff:

I am taking my second taper today of 0.125.  My schedule will be as follows: 0.5 am, 0.375 at noon, 0.25 at 5:00pm and 0.5 at bedtime. I am having anxiety over the thought of it.  GRRRRRRRRRRRR hate this anxious feeling!  :tickedoff:

Hi littlebit2,

Your schedule looks good. I know it is easy to get anxious about cuts but just think of it as you being in control of your meds instead of then controlling you. Try some of these breathing exercises to help you relax...

Slow Breathing Techniique

The jerkier the breath, the more disruptive it is to the autonomic nervous system. When the breath is smooth and even, autonomic balance is achieved.

- If possible, stop what you are doing and sit down or lean against something.

- Hold your breath and count to 10 (don't take a deep breath)

- When you get to 10, breathe out and say the word "relax" to yourself in a calm, soothing manner. Remember to breathe through your nose.

- Breathe in and out slowly in a six-second cycle. Breathe in for three seconds and out for three seconds. This will produce a breathing rate of

10 breaths per minute. Say the word "relax" to yourself every time you breathe out.

- At the end of each minute (after 10 breaths), hold your breath again for 10 seconds and then continue breathing in the six-second cycle.

- Continue breathing in this way until all the symptoms of over-breathing have gone.

If you do these things as soon as you notice the first signs of over-breathing, the symptoms will subside within a minute or two and you will not experience any panic attacks. The more you practice this slow-breathing technique, the better you will become at using it to stop any panic attacks.

Hey guys sorry for the confusing signature line will clean it up soooooon.

wrote it after returning from the kidney stone I passed last night. I might have been a little delirious

:idiot:

pennnyblue

Awwwww Penny, thank you for the hug and (((((  ))))) back at ya! I'm actually doing pretty good but as you know it can change in a split second, lol.  So sorry about your kidney stone, been there done that too. Thank you again.  :smitten: