Alprazolam Tapering

[li...]

The fact you are taking this 5 times a day makes a lot of the planning harder, but we can work with it. 

You can try to determine schedules with these same times or try with just 4 times a day but get out something to use as counters (poker chips just not potato chips as they get eaten) and do some figuring.

Annie, you are correct about taking it 5x day making more difficult. I'm sitting here right now trying to figure it out. I am so scared thats the problem but Tuesday will be 2 weeks since my first taper.  I'm trying to figure out something and will post it as soon as I come up with a schedule.... :-\

That's why I suggested using the counters to help figure it out as sometimes being able to visualize it helps. 

Also, you don't have to make this cut on Tuesday if you feel you are not ready for it. 

Please check me on this, am I correct in this:  0.5 am, 0.75 (3/4 pill) at Noon, .25 at 4:00 and 0.5 at bedtime.  Does that = 3 1/4 pills daily dose?

Please check me on this, am I correct in this:  0.5 am, 0.75 (3/4 pill) at Noon, .25 at 4:00 and 0.5 at bedtime.  Does that = 3 1/4 pills daily dose?

This?  (your pills are .5 mg and you are mixing up pills and doses I think for noon dose but ....)

4 counters in am  (1 whole pill)

3 at noon  (3/4 pill)

2 at 4 pm  (1/2 pill)

4 at bedtime  (1 whole pill) 

But thats 13 counters?  Ok I was trying do this on paper but I happen to have some Good & Fruity chewy candy so I took out 13 pcs. and came up with this:

3 counters am (which is 6ish during workweek)

3 counters 11

3 counters at 4

4 at bedtime

3 counters am (which is 6ish during workweek)

3 counters 11

3 counters at 4

4 at bedtime

3 counters is 3/4 pill 3 times a day and 4 is one whole pill at bedtime.

4 counters in am  (1 whole pill)

3 at noon  (3/4 pill)

2 at 4 pm  (1/2 pill)

4 at bedtime  (1 whole pill) 

Either of these would be 3 1/4 pills (and you can of course change the times if you need). 

The last one you posted is more even dosing.  It also means more pill splitting to get the right number of quarters of pills.