Cold Turkey Death

[...]

T2, they did know, but there policy was to wait 14 days to evaluate an inmate, he died on day 6.  This is an outrage, there is no doubt that this man would be alive if they had only given him his meds.  Here's what the corner had to say, notice they didn't put the drug first, but that's what caused his death, we all know that.

http://www.myfoxcleveland.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=6651356&version=3&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.1.1

They did know but he had to see one of their doctor's in order to get it in jail.  His appt was for a week later.  A lot of good that would do for most any medication much less xanax.  This happened 7 months ago but is in the news because they are thinking of changing their policies.  The family has filed a lawsuit and I'll bet they win it.

"A Cuyahoga county coroner's report concluded that Levert's withdrawal symptoms from the drug Xanax contributed to the complications that stopped his heart on March 30, reports the Cleveland Plain Dealer. "

T2, they did know, but there policy was to wait 14 days to evaluate an inmate, he died on day 6.  This is an outrage, there is no doubt that this man would be alive if they had only given him his meds.  Here's what the corner had to say, notice they didn't put the drug first, but that's what caused his death, we all know that.

http://www.myfoxcleveland.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=6651356&version=3&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.1.1

They might not win a lawsuit cuz you know they will bring in the big pharma that will dispute that ativan played any part. It is only common sense when one is admitted to jail to find out what meds they are taking and give them to them.

In this case he apparently had a prescription but lots of people in jail were getting their benzos illegally.  They would be SOL.  I know 2 people who were c/t'd off xanax in jail.

This is just horrible and I can imagine just how that poor guy felt, I hope his family can sue and take the state for what they have, to be so ignorant and deny a soul their medication is just evil! :tickedoff:

• 5 months later...
Hi,about the man in jail,i cannot believe the treatment,it is horrible to do that to someone,i hope his family wins,that poor man! I hope they don't get away with this! :tickedoff: :'(

I trust he is at peace now, in a better place.  And I hope this terrible event gains notoriety so the drug companies cannot deny the danger of their products anymore.

• 3 years later...

Hello sue...

I am praying you receive this message...I see you havent been active since 2011 however ive been reading your postsand Iit seems we are both experiencing the same sys after our ct.  I am currently 4 months off and is plagued with terrible head and neck sys.  It fluctuates from intense pressure all over mostly in the back of my head and neck, to pain, to pulsating vessels...gosh I am disabled because of these sys.  I also have weakness, nervous and heart palps.  Ive had tests ran all were negative.  Please pm or email me at **************** and advise me on how your doing today.  Im so scared as it seems no one else is plagued 24/7 with this head stuff.  Thanks so much

Edit Removed personal information