4 years no valium

[Jo...]

It's been 4 years since I tapered off valium.  I was taking 20 to 40 miligrams per day when I was taking valium

The first year off valium - very bad.  Anxiety, panic attacks, unable to cope with stress.

The second year off valium - same as the 1st year but less so.

The third year off valium - Things started to become much more normal.  I still had panic attacks driving or taking escalators but they were more mild.

The fourth year off valium - Things are better.  I am still shaky with regard to panic attacks while driving but it's much more mild and improving every year.

During the third year I joined a gym and started working out.  I also started walking for excercise.  I could not do this during year 1 and 2.  During year 1 and 2 hanging on to my job was hard enough.

I have started a hobby and I try to go to the gym as often as possible.  I have learned to prioritise myself as much as possible without ignoring my responsibilties to family.

John,

Thank you for this positive report! I hope you keep on improving as you go. I like how you have done it slowly and managed little progress steps along the way.  I'm at 16 months and hearing you can go to the gym in year 3 is very encouraging to me. I miss getting good exercise! 

Congrats so you and best wishes for further improvement.

Helen

Thank you for sharing this!  It's a very rough road for many of us, as it was for me,  and sometimes arduously slow, but our bodies know how to heal.  Very happy for you and your progress!

Brighterday

• 1 year later...