I HEALED. I never actually thought I’d make it.

[Do...]

Officially off benzodiazepines for over 7 months. Finally healed and the key to my healing was an underlying condition I had prior to benzodiazepines. I used two things a h1&h2 antihistamine and it took care of most of my issues. I now live a good life. Sleep 8 hours. Go the gym and I have my family back. I have my life back. I love god. I’m blessed. Pamster and many others will remember how awful shape I was in. Well I can finally say. IM HEALED.

Oh my goodness Doomandgloom2, I'm so happy to see your success story!  Its wonderful you were able to address your underlying condition, I bet you're feeling great because now you're free from them both.  Thank you for coming back and letting us know how you are, so many people disappear so we never know what happened to them, I can now picture you living happily ever after.  :smitten:

Oh my goodness Doomandgloom2, I'm so happy to see your success story!  Its wonderful you were able to address your underlying condition, I bet you're feeling great because now you're free from them both.  Thank you for coming back and letting us know how you are, so many people disappear so we never know what happened to them, I can now picture you living happily ever after.  :smitten:

I am and I thank you and the whole community  :) I’m willing to do anything to help this community. I really do feel that histamine is a key player of the neurotransmitters. This is why some people come off benzodiapzines and are fine and some come off and they suffer. Benzos act as mast cell stabilizers. Mast cells release histamine so when you’re cold turkied your histamine goes off life mad. My life had done a 360. I love this community but I feel I can help. I have worked with BIC. Benzo info coalition. We now have mast cell listed as a withdrawal symptom on Wikipedia. I will put my life on the line to change peoples lives! Love you pamster. You always believed in me ❤️

Thank you for sharing your story, doomandgloom!

I had a very similar experience. Had all the sxs of mast cell activation syndrome, but my bloodwork came back with no markers so they dismissed me, and even recommended I take a benzo (they did not look at my recent history, which included stopping benzos). I had to put the pieces together myself.

Histamine was a HUGE issue for me. DAO supplement has helped a lot. As I go lower in my taper, I have fewer histamine issues.

Thanks for all you do and I'm so glad you're doing better!

Openroad

What great news!  Healed from benzo withdrawal and finding the root cause of your health issues. I'm happy for you and grateful that you came back to share your story.

pianogirl  :smitten:

I had a very similar experience. Had all the sxs of mast cell activation syndrome, but my bloodwork came back with no markers so they dismissed me, and even recommended I take a benzo (they did not look at my recent history, which included stopping benzos). I had to put the pieces together myself.

Histamine was a HUGE issue for me. DAO supplement has helped a lot. As I go lower in my taper, I have fewer histamine issues.

Openroad

What dao supplement do you use?  Do us benzo affected people react ok to those?

I am extremely happy for you! I remember you were in such a bad state, so it's great to hear you have made such incredible improvement.

Thank you so much jelly baby!!

What great news!  Healed from benzo withdrawal and finding the root cause of your health issues. I'm happy for you and grateful that you came back to share your story.

pianogirl  :smitten:

Thank you so much ☺️

Openroad

Yeah histamine is a key player I feel. Thank you for your kind words ☺️

is benadryl ok to take? I have been taking benadryl for awhile to help with severe allergies and my ears constantly itch underneath my earlobe i never understood why. Is it ok to take it?

is benadryl ok to take? I have been taking benadryl for awhile to help with severe allergies and my ears constantly itch underneath my earlobe i never understood why. Is it ok to take it?

I've read a number of members take Benadryl without problem but there are those who react negatively.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone here know how to find him I have so many questions as we had the same issue. He said he was told he could pass In his sleep from it. Was that just fear or true. The manual breathing issue is one I have. So he took a histamine blocker and that healed autonomic dysfunction. How?

I am SO happy to read this success story. I have specifically come back to this site to check up on you, Doomandgloom. I am so thankful and happy that you are healed from everything. It’s so incredibly hard. For me, I think that since I’ve healed, my brain has blocked out a huge part of what I went through. I still remember how traumatic the process was, but I am certainly not as scared as I once was. It also encouraged me to stop drinking and start making better choices in my life. It encouraged me to do more things, whereas before I was so scared that even going outside for more than 15 minutes was impossible. As bad as my withdrawals were from Benzos and although it was the worst experience of my life, some good came from it. I hope that others can find happiness in that thought. It may be a struggle in the beginning, but you’ll make it. Just keep holding on.

Thank you so much, Doom, for sharing your success story and congratulations.

Thank you for sharing your story. How long would you have to take H1 and H2 for?

Are you still keeping well?

I personally have been taking them now for months. I don't think there is a problem with long term non sedating antihistamines. Note this is not medical advice and I think a word with a doctor might help. But I see histamine come up a lot in these forums. It worked for me. It's worth a try it's cheap.